Lucky find over the weekend!!

A5 Sweet 16

Came across these over the weekend. 😃 Easter bunny must've been hiding them. Best non-tox pheasant load I've ever personally used. Really unfortunate they discontinued them. 12-ga punch in a cute, little 16-ga hull. Roosters in Dec/Jan will once again be totally devastated.
20220416_164957.jpg

Did you have to re mortgage the house to pay for them? 🤪
No, that's the beauty of it!! I'd paid for them years ago & just found them! Like finding a $50 bill in an old pair of jeans!
But years ago, when I was still buying them by the case, some "creative financing" may have gone on to kind of hide the numbers from the boss. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lottery winner! C’mon man, spread the wealth.
Well, grab a gun and sportsman's guide. But, bad news. Both places went up 3 bucks a box right after I bought them... So not a great deal anymore. We needed them for our field trials, and I will be shooting on a national am cocker team this fall. So they will get used up. I have shot several trials with them. They are a pretty nice load.

Came across these over the weekend. 😃 Easter bunny must've been hiding them. Best non-tox pheasant load I've ever personally used. Really unfortunate they discontinued them. 12-ga punch in a cute, little 16-ga hull. Roosters in Dec/Jan will once again be totally devastated.
View attachment 3244
I still have 11 1/2 boxes of the same shells left from a case I bought several years ago when Kent was closing them out. If I remember right they were $400 per case plus $25 shipping. That worked out to $17/box or $1.70 per shell. At that time that was about 50% of normal retail. While it was still a high price at the time it looks like a great deal today. :)

It kills me how we (I) thought premium shells were high just a short while ago and now we’re finding small victories in paying similar prices. Supply and demand at its finest. My hats off to the guys with the foresight to stock up. I refuse to pay some of the ridiculous prices but I’m trying to restock on the few decent deals that pop up. I’ve spent more on shotshells in the last 3 months than the last couple years. I realize it’s a relatively small part of the equation when you factor in the cost of raising and training dogs, gear, gas, equipment, time and the list goes on. Here’s to hoping the future normal is in the working man’s favor 🍻

It kills me how we (I) thought premium shells were high just a short while ago and now we’re finding small victories in paying similar prices. Supply and demand at its finest. My hats off to the guys with the foresight to stock up. I refuse to pay some of the ridiculous prices but I’m trying to restock on the few decent deals that pop up. I’ve spent more on shotshells in the last 3 months than the last couple years. I realize it’s a relatively small part of the equation when you factor in the cost of raising and training dogs, gear, gas, equipment, time and the list goes on. Here’s to hoping the future normal is in the working man’s favor 🍻
I hear ya. I got lucky with the buy above. Some 11.85 a box, the other half 12.99. Should be 10, but I was happy.

Back