Lucky Duck dog kennel?

Brentbullets

Any one using one? I need to get a kennel for new dog and have been thinking about this one. Really like some of the features. Rogers has them on sale right now $100.00 off and covers are on sale also.

I have one and like it. Extremely well built. I got the LD cover and pad for it. It is a heavy kennel compared to Ruffland kennels, which for me is both good and bad. The Ruffland are much easier to carry in and out of motel rooms, so I normally leave the LD kennel in the back of my truck for the season and running hunt tests.

I won a Gunner, similar to a Lucky duck. I sold it as it was to cumbersome for a "portable" crate.
You may want to check out the Dakota 283 kennels. They are a great in-between kennel, more than a Ruffland and not quite a lucky duck.

I have 2 of the Lucky Duck kennels with the covers and I really like them. They are easy for me to move around by myself and are really well built. My son has a Dakota 283 kennel, and he likes it. The only thing I don't like is the tie down points on the lucky duck, I think they need to be a little bigger but that is just my opinion.

I'm trying to decide on a lucky duck, gunner, or a ruffland for my Brittany. Sizing between the 3 brands is super confusing. I worry about the durability of the Ruffland compared to the other two. The size of the gunner has me worried with the drawer system I have constructed for the bed of my truck too. Decisions, decisions.

I'm trying to decide on a lucky duck, gunner, or a ruffland for my Brittany. Sizing between the 3 brands is super confusing. I worry about the durability of the Ruffland compared to the other two. The size of the gunner has me worried with the drawer system I have constructed for the bed of my truck too. Decisions, decisions.
FWIW, I have used my Ruffland for several years and haven't had an issue related to durability. From a safety rating standpoint...car accident etc., the Gunner is probably the most rugged....but that comes at a cost....weight.

I have a Lucky Duck and a few Rufflands. If I am carrying a kennel in and out of motels...I take a Ruffland. I use the intermediate size in both brands for my GSP and Vizsla. The LD kennel is a bit larger than the Ruffland. The Ruffland will fit in the back seat of my Colorado. The Lucky Duck won't.

I have a female Brittany that is about 35-37 lbs and I use an intermediate Ruffland. Could probably get by with a medium but I like her having a little extra room. I wouldn't worry about durability, the Ruffland is tough and well made. Huge step up from a PetPorter. 😁

I should add that my kennel is in the back of my SUV.

Last edited:
My dog box sold yesterday finally, the guy I sold it to had an intermediate Ruffland in the back seat of his truck so I put my dog in it to see how he fit. Needless to say I ordered a Ruffland and a bunch of accessories when I got home with the money I got from the dog box. Thanks for your help.

I really like my Gunner. I have the Intermediate for my 70lb Lab. It fits really well in the back cab area of my 2023 GMC Sierra 1500. I really don't mind the extra weight of it. I have an older Mud River kennel cover for it if I need to wrap it for him to sleep in when it's really cold. I have a truck cap now and he can sleep in the back area if necessary. I can build him a soft and warm space back there if needed.

Attachments

• Gunner Kennel.jpg
    Gunner Kennel.jpg
    686.1 KB · Views: 3
Back