Lost GPS

RuttCrazed

This is a long shot, but my dad lost his Garmin Astro GPS on opening morning in Smith County at Francis Wach. We spent a lot of time walking around trying to find it, but no luck.
If anyone finds it, or hears about one being found, please let me know.

Thanks!

Definition of Irony

Not making light of your loss but...

Sorry for my twisted sense of humor but I can't resist...

Does anyone else find this humorous? A device designed to keep you from getting lost is...lost? :cheers:

Not making light of your loss but...

Sorry for my twisted sense of humor but I can't resist...

Does anyone else find this humorous? A device designed to keep you from getting lost is...lost? :cheers:

small devices are ez to fall out of pockets, my buddy lost 2 collar controllers in in one season.

I think I'm going to train my next dog to retrieve a transmitter. I dont know how many times my dogs have picked up an extra glove or hat in the field.

Rutt did you report the loss to garmin in case someone calls it in?

I have a holster for mine but I still tie it to my vest with cord. Expensive thing to lose.

Its a shame garmin doesnt put a feature in them that would allow another astro or alpha to be able to find them or make them beep

company

Did you try calling the company. Some companies can use the satellite to find it. Or at least get your search narrowed down to 100 sqft. Friend of mine found his that way. Also found his cell phone laying 5 feet from it. Crawled under a fence, dropped em both. I always go over!

I know it's irrelevant now, but I dropped the Garmin once, and lost it, and carried a collar around and stopped every so often (I knew the general vicinity of the Garmin) and listened for the beep.

I know it's irrelevant now, but I dropped the Garmin once, and lost it, and carried a collar around and stopped every so often (I knew the general vicinity of the Garmin) and listened for the beep.

wow that's a very good tip I'll have to remember that one.

I would have to bring one of my kids my hearing is so bad.

wow that's a very good tip I'll have to remember that one.

I would have to bring one of my kids my hearing is so bad.

I agree, my hearing isn't the greatest either. :) I got real lucky, and it wasn't super windy either so that was a help.

Thanks guys.
Don't feel bad, I too found the irony in it.

I have the same device and tether it to my vest, my dad is kind of new to all this technology stuff.

I checked Garmin's website and they said it doesn't emit a signal, only receives it so they can't help find it.

My dad can't hear very well, so he had his set to vibrate on the alert or that would have been a possible solution.

I will let Garmin know, just incase someone finds it and reports it.

I just wish the bird hunting would have been better so at least there would be a silver lining on this for him.

Rut

Garmin or someone else will invent a collar and transmitter, where you can push a button on the collar and the transmitter will beep back loudly......they will take over in sales, when this happens. :thumbsup:

I'm filing that one away for future use! Good thinking!

Back