Lost Dog

Dakotazeb

I saw this on Facebook and thought I'd post it here to see if anyone can help.

I NEED EVERYONES HELP! My nephew's bird dog is lost. She is a female German Shorthair. The latch on our dog box came open and dog got out somewhere between Mclaughin, SD and Yankton SD. 350 mile trip. Stopped in Mobridge and Miller SD . Turned south at Ipswitch to Miller then over to Woolsey to Plankinton 90 to Mitchell 37 south to 50 and 50 to Yankton. She has a orange training color and a regular color with a tag and his phone #. This was my nephews first hunt with the dog he raised from a pup. She is 1 years old liver and brown color. My phone is 605-957-5375. Please put the word out to your friends and ask them to do the same. Big area to try and find her but I have to try. Thanks

Sorry to hear about your dog. Hope you get her back.

Not my dog. Just saw the post on Facebook and thought I'd post it here.

Anyway, via social media, etc. they did find the dog today and she is safely home.

Major good news.
would like to know how the pooch got returned. Name and phone number on the callor , chip? Just wondering what is effective when a dog gets lost.

Major good news.
would like to know how the pooch got returned. Name and phone number on the callor , chip? Just wondering what is effective when a dog gets lost.

As I said above, social media, mainly Facebook, was responsible for finding this dog. Someone saw the dog running south of Ipswich late that afternoon and then later saw the "Lost Dog" post on Facebook. So they concentrated the search in that area and found her the next day. This person was extremely lucky since they had no way of knowing where or when the dog got out in their 350 trip home. The dog was wearing ID tags.

Back