Looking into a 16 side by side

My Bristol was stocked 14 3/8, 1 9/16, 2 11/16. Just a touch more drop than “standard stock dimensions“, but fit my slight frame perfectly, and most important, delivered perfectly centered, 50/50 patterns at 20 yards on my pattern board from both barrels. If you like to see a little rib, it would probably print 60/40 patterns.

Don't wanna derail the main conversation here but as a fellow 16ga shooter interested in brass reloading I gotta ask. Are you planning on shooting black powder out of it, or do you have some smokeless recipes? I have yet to find anything data on smokeless is my main reason for asking.

Doubleshotguns.com is a large dealer of 'Iside' in the price range you reference. Trouble is the F.A.I.R. Rizzini sxs 16 gauge guns are not on a gauge specific frame. They weigh as much as the 12 ga. In talking to the dealer he said that most shooters like a bit of weight with the 16. I then asked, in the spirit of that comment, when a 20 ga. autoloader built on the old Ithaca Mag. 10 action is due out. An 11 1/2 pound 20 ga. ought to be equally popular. He didn't find the humor. I find myself endlessly hilarious.

I'm saving for a B. Rizzini (Rizzini USA) 16 ga. sxs built on a 20 ga. frame. But it's not cheap. Want to look into the Bristol line for a 'knock-around'. They claim 4 gauges to be on a "true steel" frame. As apposed to "artificial steel" I guess. It's not clear that this means gauge specific. I'd be sure confirm this before considering one.

Last edited:
Doubleshotguns.com is a large dealer of 'Iside' in the price range you reference. Trouble is the F.A.I.R. Rizzini sxs 16 gauge guns are not on a gauge specific frame. They weigh as much as the 12 ga.
Lots of discussion on this on the 16 gauge forum several months back.

Some were adamant like you that they’re on a 12 gauge frame.

Some were adamant that when they dug in with IFG then FAIR in Italy that they were on a smaller frame.

One guy had both a 12 and 16 and said visually the 16 was smaller, but only slightly.

Another said IFG said they were the same size, but in a trim 12 frame.

Saw some reference to 6# 4 ounces and another reference to 6.2, but was that really .2 pounds? Or 2 ounces and not correctly noted? 6.2 lbs bring 6# 3.2 ounces.

So in conclusion, who the heck really knows?

Well, to cheesy, "who the heck really knows?"

The 'Italian Firearms Group' and the F.A.I.R. site list both the 12 ga. and 16 ga. Iside at 2.9 kg./6.39 lbs. SO...if these guys list them at the same weight then the frame must be the same. The physics I took in college essentially stated that two objects of same size and material of construction MUST weigh the same. Physically impossible for them not to. I imagine others had the same experience.

Additionally, if the guys pimping these guns don't know their own products I'd worry even more.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:
Back