Looking for Hunt Club Northern IL

Hockeybob

I am looking to join a hunt club (upland) for next season. Anyone have any reccomendations? I live in Glenview (Northern Suburbs). Looking to find something within 60 miles of home if possible. Any info much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

I am looking to join a hunt club (upland) for next season. Anyone have any reccomendations? I live in Glenview (Northern Suburbs). Looking to find something within 60 miles of home if possible. Any info much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Hey there Hockeybob and welcome to the site. I've got some family in Glenview too. Nice area.

On the club front, how much are you looking to spend? --1pheas4

I am looking to get my dog out hunting after the normal seasons end. Being able to get out all the way to April is appealing.
As far as cost goes, don't want to break the bank but I believe the going rate is a couple hundred dollar season fee and then $15.00 - $20.00 per released bird. More than price, I want good cover to hold the birds for my Small Munsterlander. Have anything in mind? I am going to go on a "test hunt" to a club out near Huntley next week.

:)
I am looking to get my dog out hunting after the normal seasons end. Being able to get out all the way to April is appealing.
As far as cost goes, don't want to break the bank but I believe the going rate is a couple hundred dollar season fee and then $15.00 - $20.00 per released bird. More than price, I want good cover to hold the birds for my Small Munsterlander. Have anything in mind? I am going to go on a "test hunt" to a club out near Huntley next week.

I can get you a $1,100 membership to a club for $20.00 at our PF banquet (friday 4th/McHenry County) if your intersted. Birds run in your price range. The thing is It's about a 1.5hr drive for you.

For the price range you've mentioned that's about all I've got my friend;). Not saying clubs in that price range aren't out there. I just don't know of them off the top of my head.

Let me know if you what anymore info on the club I've mentioned. Just PM me. :) --1pheas4

Curious to find out how your search ended. I go to one in Lena, 72 miles from my home and i am in marengo. $450 for membeship including 20 bird package.
There's Blonhaven up by Janesville, have to check website for prices. Been there, real nice, didn't charge for scratch birds. Last time up my partner and I put out 6 and harvested 16

You might want to try Erienna Hunt Club in Morris. I know it's not super close to Glenview. Unlike most clubs they dont require a membership and they only require a 3 bird minimum or cost equivalent. I've belonged to other clubs that require an annual membership dues and a minimum of 10 birds on weekends. They've got good grounds, nice clubhouse and a trap range to warm up your shooting too.

Couple of different options:

1. Upland Hunt Club, Davis Junction, IL, http://www.uplandhuntclubandsportingclays.com/

I have been a member here in the past. I think it's $1,000 bucks the first year, and $600/year after that. Good cover, lot's of fields and a great sporting clays range. About 85 miles from Glenview

2. Woodlawn Hunt Club, Creston, IL
http://www.woodlawnhunt.com/

They don't show their membership rates on their site, but they have 3 different levels starting around $750/with a bird package $500/with a bird package or $250/basic membership no bird package (don't quote me on the membership prices). You don't need a membership to hunt there. Dollar for dollar I like Woodlawn much better. I live in Davis Juncition, and would rather drive the 20 miles to go to Woodlawn. Birds are good flyers and Carl and his wife Chris are very nice. I typically shoot quail here rather than pheasants since I have a lot of places to shoot wild birds. I get 14 quail for 1/2 day hunt for $125 bucks, and I think they charge $25 bucks for each additional shooter. About 90 miles from Glenview.

If you want more detail, shoot me a private message.

clubs

The best club is the Highlands Hunt Club in Cascade Wisconsin. I live in northern Ill and it takes 2 hours but it is worth the time. No single fields with hunters on each side. It is as close as you can get to a natural hunting environment. I go once a week. They also have a great dog trainer and club house. The other clubs I have visited did not meet my expectations. I looked for a safe club for me and my dog.

Is Morris close enough to you? Erriena is 20/bird no membership.

The best club is the Highlands Hunt Club in Cascade Wisconsin. I live in northern Ill and it takes 2 hours but it is worth the time. No single fields with hunters on each side. It is as close as you can get to a natural hunting environment. I go once a week. They also have a great dog trainer and club house. The other clubs I have visited did not meet my expectations. I looked for a safe club for me and my dog.

sounds nice but its also pretty pricey. Get what ya pay for I guess.

Back