Looking for gryphon breeder

Bob Peters

I told a buddy I'd post for him, he ain't a member here. Looking for a gryphon pointer dog, breeder suggestions in MN or surrounding area appreciated. Any input on this bread you can also leave here, as I'll forward the link to my buddy. His wife wants a dog that doesn't shed. I'm guessing the dog'll get out hunting about a dozen days a year. Maybe even a baker's dozen. House has two small children. Thanks in advance.

A friend of mine in Montana has 2 of the griffon from the cesky fousek breed club. They have strict breeding rules with the goals of improving the griffon in the USA. They import stock out of the Czech Republic and all dogs bred have to pass their natural ability tests. Tracking , pointing, and retrieving.
Www.ceskyfousekna.org . Contact the club and see where litters are available in USA. Very biddable and smart dogs !

If you are looking for a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon, (I don't know what a Gryphon Pointer is). Get a hold of Joe Mix, he is from Grand Rapids MN and breeds some really nice field dogs. I know he just had a litter go home a few weeks ago so timing might not be good.

You could check out Prairie Kennel in Sheldon, North Dakota. We got our first Griffon there and are picking up a new pup there next week. Nice people and some nice dogs. They have a new litter coming this summer.

Back