Looking for a guided Pheasant Hunt

KellyM87

Hello,
I am new to this site so I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am looking for a guided hunt for me and my boyfriend that is all inclusive and under $1000 dollars a person. I have a young Llewellin that I am hoping will be ready to work birds by next year. If anyone could help me find a good guide service that is affordable please let me know. I am looking in the North Dakota, South Dakota area.

Options and Ideas

Hi Kelly, my first response is that it may be hard to find what you are looking for for just a group of 2. Here's why:

1. Most outfitters that allow groups of this size get it done by combining them in a large group. They hunt big cover with a lot of blocking and walkers.
2. If you are able to find one that will just do it for 3 then I suspect your rate will be well over $1000/person.
3. For me I specialize in self-guided hunts but like to add in guide services for those like yourselves that want to secure a great hunt by adding some expertise which I myself had underestimated but consider extremely valuable now.

4. I have several camps that have a minimum group size of 4 that are completely private and exclusive to your group. Once camp can offer guide services and the rates would be as follows: A 4-night stay and 3-day hunt (self-guided) will cost you anywheres from $495 to $695 a person depending on what time of season you come. You add a guide fee of $300/day/group or $75 person for group of 4 per day.

Here is a lionk to the camp in Presho SD I am referring to: Stoney Butte Creek is one of the best camps I have to offer.http://www.uguidesdpheasants.com/pheasant-hunts/stoney-butte-creek/

Check availability for open dates. http://www.uguidesdpheasants.com/availability/

So if you can round up another couple this would be an excellent affordable experience for you and your boyfriend.

Regards,

need for a guide

Kelly I would like to know why you need a guide? And why you want to spend that kind of money? Get yourself a plot map for ND and SD then hit the road. You will learn more and find out where you like to hunt. If you don't have dogs then go early. If you need some help let me know I can a least get you started I hunt both states. 3 to 4 weeks a year, mainly ND.

Bomonster,

Some poeple like to freeelance like I did for 20myears in iowa and some don't ave the time and only have 1 week a year to bank on their quality hunt. That's why they trust their experience to a seasoned outfitter.

Hi Kelly

Kelly, call Allen Anderson in Scranton, ND. Scranton is way out in the SW corner of ND. Used to be lots of birds and Allen, a local farmer and businessman, is fine guy and guide.

Back