Look away

I, for one, would gladly do away with the election that put a senile old man, a coward who cringed in his basement all summer while others were fighting against this pandemic, in charge of the most powerful nation on earth. He's bound to do something about "gun violence", even if it's WRONG. You CANNOT legislate morals, and unfortunately, nuts will be nuts. READ House Bill #127!! If that doesn't scare you, you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun, because you're stupid. I keep saying this---these people aren't screwing around! They'll take your information, make you feel like a criminal, then take your guns. They've been working on it for the past 60 years. Believe me, ignore this at the peril of losing a hobby or hobbies you love (best case) or losing your country (worst case).

Your tirade is full of holes. You want to make it harder to get something that you have a right to because you think it will save lives but you neglect all the lives saved because someone had a gun and stopped the violence. You also compare guns to illicit drugs. Some cities give out free needles so that junkies don’t get sick. Portland, OR made heroine legal, I think. Go there and knock yourself out. You go ahead and restrict your own gun ownership but don’t try to keep the rest of the 99.99% of law abiding gun owners from owning the most effective tool to defend themselves.
More guns is the answer! When I'm your president, you will be deported from this country if you don't allow your newborn to own a gun! It's their right!

In every single instance you cite, what was missing was the ability of the victims to defend themselves.

Mass shootings stop when the evil (or insane) person gets stopped. That tends to happen much faster when the potential victims are armed.

I find humor in many things. Dead friends and team mates who would still be here had they or I been better able to protect them, doesn't make the list.
More guns!

More guns is the answer! When I'm your president, you will be deported from this country if you don't allow your newborn to own a gun! It's their right!
More guns in good people’s hands and harshly punish the lawless. Sounds like we have some common ground.

Around we go on the merry go round!
Fact -2018 in American 10,200 gun crimes total per FBI. Percent of gun crimes that were a mass shooting of the 10,000 plus , .021%. The vast majority of gun crimes are perpetuated by Criminals. Those crimes are robbery, drug or gang related. How bout we tackle getting the criminals Off The Street. Gun crime equals 5 years or more in federal prison. Instead of turning criminals out to the streets again immediately after capture!!! Perhaps we need to tackle the 99.8% of the problem in USA!

The only way to stop a guy with a gun, is another guy with a gun. That analogy makes sense to me. I think there needs to be some trained, armed people in schools, for example.

One of the people killed in Boulder was a good guy with a gun. He was likely better trained and more experienced than the murder.

Surely there is new legislation being discussed. Which pending legislation has anybody learned about will fail to meet the Constitutional standards?

While we may not like certain laws, that is not the standard by which our laws are judged. The Constitution is.

This same group of "intellectuals" that wants to ban certain types of weapons and high capacity mags also are all about releasing career criminals and "criminal justice reform". In my mind, they are not working from any type of moral authority when they release recidivists at alarming rates.

This whole thing is not about gun control. It is about PEOPLE CONTROL. Wake up!

The second amendment is very clear. The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL not be infringed. Just because you are fearful of an AR or a 30 round mag does not mean they should be banned. Gun banners are the epitome of, "stop liking what I don't like". The real problem is that they are willing to shred the Bill of Rights to achieve their goals.

An uncomfortable truth is that if some lunatic is willing to trade his life for the lives of others it is very difficult to stop them in a free society. We have many liberties that make it hard to get in front of this. Be armed and learn to protect yourself. Also, don't raise children with no standards and be involved with family members that need guidance.

Last edited:
And yet he bought an assault rifle
That's not true. It was an assault pistol. Big difference.
I'm for defunding police in a perspective of demilitarizing police forces. There's not a need to have police equipped better than our military from the Vietnam war era.
For a while, the military was actually selling their old, unused equipment to police departments around the country. I don't know if its still a common practice but if you saw what happened here in Minneapolis over the summer you would want military-style equipment.
The vast majority of gun crimes are perpetuated by Criminals. Those crimes are robbery, drug or gang related. How bout we tackle getting the criminals Off The Street.
Yes, I agree. And most of those crimes are committed using a handgun. If we need more gun control, its with handguns, not rifles.

Surely there is new legislation being discussed. Which pending legislation has anybody learned about will fail to meet the Constitutional standards?

While we may not like certain laws, that is not the standard by which our laws are judged. The Constitution is.
Used to be that Constitutional standards mattered. But the judicial branch has been highly politicized. E.g., check out the 9th circuit's very recent "must show cause to exercise 2A rights" ruling.

Nominations of judges that MIGHT not consider the Constitution outdates generate righteous (mock) outrage on the left. They have been more successful at stacking the deck than you might think.

One of the people killed in Boulder was a good guy with a gun. He was likely better trained and more experienced than the murder.
Are you referring to the first responder (LEO)? If so, would you acknowledge that the first guy in is at something of a disadvantage?

For a while, the military was actually selling their old, unused equipment to police departments around the country. I don't know if its still a common practice but if you saw what happened here in Minneapolis over the summer you would want military-style equipment.

Yes, I agree. And most of those crimes are committed using a handgun. If we need more gun control, its with handguns, not rifles.
Used (and new, but no longer needed) DoD gear was transferred at no cost, not sold to the police. Which saved the US taxpayer big bucks in most instances. You wouldn't believe what it costs to demil (destroy) and dispose of perfectly good material - or what we are required to destroy. Not just weapons.

RE: pistols. Any excuse to chip away at our rights will suffice, eh? "If" we need more gun control, perhaps one might consider. If pistols are used more often than rifles to commit crimes - then shouldn't we first restrict fists, knives, and blunt objects (which are used far more often than rifles or pistols) to commit mayhem? And would it not be true that pistols are also used more often than rifles for self defense (so that ownership should be encouraged, not discouraged)?

Used (and new, but no longer needed) DoD gear was transferred at no cost, not sold to the police. Which saved the US taxpayer big bucks in most instances. You wouldn't believe what it costs to demil (destroy) and dispose of perfectly good material - or what we are required to destroy. Not just weapons.

RE: pistols. Any excuse to chip away at our rights will suffice, eh? "If" we need more gun control, perhaps one might consider. If pistols are used more often than rifles to commit crimes - then shouldn't we first restrict fists, knives, and blunt objects (which are used far more often than rifles or pistols) to commit mayhem? And would it not be true that pistols are also used more often than rifles for self defense (so that ownership should be encouraged, not discouraged)?
Thank you for clarifying the military equipment to police thing. This is why you sometimes seeing police departments equipped with things like armored cars.

I'm not advocating for more gun control. I'm just pointing out that most violent crimes with the use of a firearm are in fact with a handgun. If the media and democrats wanted to go after the biggest cause of gun violence, they should go after handguns. But they don't. They always go after the AR rifles because it paints a better picture for them.

If you like your tack hammer, you can keep your tack hammer. You just have to get permission, pay a fee, and enter it in a registry that will never, ever be used to seize your property. Although a woke cop might convince your wife that you might bonk yourself with it - then you'll need a court order to retrieve it.

Back