Lodging

smizell

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew of an old farmhouse or house that someone would rent out in or near Liberal KS? We are looking for a place to make our base camp while hunting Kansas and Oklahoma in December. Any help would be appreciated.

Don't know of a farm house or how large of a group your hunting with, but for a couple of hunters looking for a place to stay I would say the Southwind Inn, in Liberal Kansas. The owner is very nice and the rooms are cheap and the place is bird dog friendly ( or use to be) but you may want to give them a call

Thanks guys! I think I scored an old converted milk barn just over the state line in Oklahoma. I was just trying to get out of town a bit so it'd be easier to stakeout dogs and what not. It's not always easy being in town with upwards of 20 dogs :)

Wow! Are you going on a lengthy trip? How do you hunt twenty plus dogs? Are you hunting in a big group?

Im jealous. My wife would flat out divorce me over 20 dogs. I would love to have that arsenal and the time to work with all of them. I barely have time for the 5 I have.

There's 6 of us in the group so it doesn't take long to get 20 dogs when we are all together. We will hunt as 2 separate groups and rotate through dogs all day. Usually hunting 3 at a time if not 4.

I ran into a fella from Roswell, New Mexico a couple years ago who was hunting about 20 dogs with his group. He had a huge trailer that was fit for a KING.

Back