Loading up!

wolfcreeknc

Getting the car packed and ready for the 1000 mile trek to the wonderful state of Kansas:10sign: Leaving afterschool and taking my 13 year old for his 4th year in a row. Weather is shaping up for some fine hunting; can't wait! Will take some pictures to share with the group. Really looking forward to hooking up with KBritt and his boys for some good times this weekend:cheers:
Best to all,
Wolf

Good luck and safe travels....the weather for this weekend is looking to be pretty good for hunting. My 14yr old son and I are heading out (this will be his 4th year also, got his first rooster out there two years ago). I have been hunting out there since 1996.

I don't have as far of a drive (driving from colorado springs, co) but the we are leaving Thursday afternoon and the weather is coming in Thursday:eek:

Not sure what part of the state you are heading, however without giving away any honey holes, we are heading out somewhere around Dodge City.

Greg

Im loading up as well but I am heading to South Dakota for the rest of the week and weekend. My dogs will finally get to hear my gun go off!

Enjoy trip and good luck finding birds (if you're hunting wild ones). Plenty in SD as I learned when I hunted up there in October.

We're going to find birds;) I have some tied to stakes already:D

I know for a fact that one of the 2 areas we are hunting has birds. I also drove by a couple of properties that wolfcreeknc has access to and they look incredible this year. Throw the favorable weather forecast in the mix and I think us, our dogs, and our boys are in for a dandy hunt this w/e:cheers:

Good luck and have a fun and safe trip with KB and the boys. KB is one of the guys on here I hope to have the pleasure to hunt with some day.:cheers:

May you limit each day and enjoy a nice dinner each night. (PS I think you will have better luck with the dinner part.)

Pheasant huntin' weather

We got some bird huntin' weather comin' in:thumbsup:

Work tomorrow:(....................................Off Friday:)
The truck is loaded. We're gonna put some miles on this weekend and shoot a few close-flushing roosters:)

Oh yea, wolfcreeknc just called. Sounds like a him and his boy had a great start to their trip:cheers:

Talked to 2 different groups of hunters this morning;

1 group of 3 hunting a 1/4 section of CRP with one basically useless dog--saw 1 hen and 1 rooster in their first 2 hours of hunting....they're giving up already:rolleyes: I'd be happy with seeing that in the first 2 hours of the day, but whatever. Go ahead, give up, leave the birds for someone that's willing to work for them.

wolfcreeknc just called again. They've seen probably 6 shootable roosters this morning (I got the report from the field and he was short of breath....dog actually ended the conversation by going on point again!), a few of which are coming over good dog points. Sounds like a good start to another great day for them :thumbsup:

There may not be a lot of birds out there this year, but they're sitting tight for 'em in this weather.

Last edited:
Back