Litter Announcement: 2 Kansas English Setter Litters

Prairie Drifter

I have two litters of champion grouse line English Setter puppies due the last week of September and first week of October. The sire for both litters, Cash, is a son of Impact Player (Ch. Pennstar X RuCh Magic Mist Bandit) and Ch. Full Tilt ( Ch. Pennstar X Sorber Run Serena). Cash is an exciting young dog about to start his second season on wild birds and is already in the top 3 dogs ever owned by my hunting partner! Cash will be hunting in Montana in the next week.

Prairie Drifter Pearl is due September 26. She is a daughter of Ch. Grouse Ridge Reroy and Grouse Ridge Jugs. These pups will all be orange and white. Pearl is an accomplished bird finder on Kansas quail, pheasants, and prairie chickens. This breeding combines some of the greatest grouse champions of all time! I have two pups out of earlier litters in my kennel.

Prairie Drifter Flicker is due September 30. She is a daughter of Platinum Punkstar (Ch. Pennstar X Starmaker) and Pioneer Pepper (Ch. Terhaar's Rocko X Ch. Cooper Mountain Pepsi). These pups may include tricolors, black and white, or orange and white. Another hunting buddy and I bought 3 pups out of the litter that produced Flicker. Her sisters have hunted 9 or more species of North American gamebirds. Flicker is a quick and flashy birdfinder. This will be her first litter. Email Troy Smith at troygs@hotmail.com. Website is www.prairiedriftersetters.comxa.com .

Last edited:
It's only 5:00 p.m. Saturday and it's already been a long weekend! Pearl started in last night and gave me one male and one female. Shows that she was bred first on the 13th day. Sage started about 10:00 this morning and finished up about an hour ago with 6 males and 2 females. I'll see if I can figure out how to post pics when the girls settle down and I can get some taken.

Last edited:
Pups have made it to 2 weeks of age. Their eyes opened the end of this week and several are finding that they have legs. Mommas are waking me up at night and wanting out, could use more full nights of sleep:) I've been watching the Field, and 4 of the sire's siblings have won on the grouse circuit. The sire's father is running in the Michigan Grouse Championship this week.

If you would like to see pictures of the pups or a pedigree, please send me an email and I will forward them directly to you. I have folks trying to find out why I can't post them on this board. Thanks!

I am posting these for Troy

Flicker and her litter.

2012002B.jpg

Flicker2weeks001C.jpg

Flicker2weeks003B.jpg

The Sire Cash
Cash3.jpg

Flicker pups at 3 weeks

Here are Flicker's pups at 3 weeks of age if I can post the pic. If it isn't attached, I've got more learn'n to do.

Last edited:
Wish I could take one home Troy. Know that if I came and looked I wouldnt be able to say no.

Good looking dogs. :)

Thanks Shane, it's probably the right time with the bird population down a guy could concentrate on the pup and not be worried about excess bird contacts.

Here are some pictures of some of Troys pups, from Flicker's litter.

If your wife is not sure you need another pup,, show her these pictures, you will have a fine hunting partner for years to come

Flickerpups3wks005B.jpg

Flickerpups3wks006B.jpg

Flickerpups3wks008B.jpg

Last edited:
Back