Limited registration

We are flirting with the wealthy here! Maybe copperboy can buy new shotguns for the members or change his name to goldboy. Tell more about your money....just bustin your balls....bigmoney!

I am starting a fact there by the way remy3424 don't hate me cause you ain't me. I worked hard to get to where I am and I can't help it if you don't have a union to back you or you can't afford what you want but I can. Get a better job or re think your financial situation cause my kids are raised and through nursing school and I have disposable income because I am at the top of my Craft.

Not hating, just don't see the need to throw that in a thread about dog registration. So why do you think I don't buy what I want, need a better job and not in a union? You think my kids aren't through college have their educations paid off? I am not spouting off about my financial condition in a thread that isn't is about financial security, that is all. We still did receive the COVID stimlus, so not doing that good. Just guessing your not the wealthest one posting in this thread, but I could be wrong, but I doubt it. The ones with money aren't the ones talking about it. Are we ging to see your W-2s or 1099s next? Save that for a thread titled "How much did you make in 2020". No one in this thread cares about each others finances.

I am starting a fact there by the way remy3424 don't hate me cause you ain't me. I worked hard to get to where I am and I can't help it if you don't have a union to back you or you can't afford what you want but I can. Get a better job or re think your financial situation cause my kids are raised and through nursing school and I have disposable income because I am at the top of my Craft.
WOW—LUCKEY YOU-
Bet your mom doesn’t even charge you rent for living in the basement—
‘Please take your B.S. to some other forum we don’t need it here and I don’t believe I’m alone in that feeling

Than why did you go there? My hounds are out of IFC champions, finished in US and Canada and have full registration. We all have our own opinions and obviously ours don't agree but that is a part of AMERICA the freedom of choice

Last edited:
Mercy ! What in the world does income have to do with types of dog registration?? Having been a banker for 40 years and meeting some (but not all that many) people with REAL money, let me assure you they don't flaunt it....they just don't need to.

Mercy ! What in the world does income have to do with types of dog registration?? Having been a banker for 40 years and meeting some (but not all that many) people with REAL money, let me assure you they don't flaunt it....they just don't need to.
And I was not talking about income but the fact I am lucky enough to get to hunt my dogs 5 days a week before retirement. And also responding to the comment saying you need to put a title on your dog before limited registration is lifted. I personally would rather hunt 5 days a week instead of field trial.

"You can't afford what you want but I can"?? is not talking about income? I call pure BS on that one; don't piss on our legs and tell us it's raining......

Well if I had your money I wouldn’t even care about registrations. I would just let the kennel help care for the dogs, while my chambermaid draws my bath. Tea and Crumpets anyone?

PS. Pardon me do you have any Grey Popoun?

If you do not like the limited registration move on. I place most of this idea on pretty insecure breeders trying to protect their lineage. I have seen several Brittany breeders do this ... some I know (lightly) through some club associations. Insecure for sure.

With that in mind, AKC has ruined many a hunting breed. Maybe that has changed some.

The Brittany is somewhat the exception having promoted the dual dog concept for some time, but I am careful not to buy my Brittany with too much big running dog - field trial linage.

I have never had the interest in breeding my own dogs. Maybe clone ;), but not breed.

I usually do register my dogs, but probably my best one I did not register. She was spayed so that made most reasons mute anyways.

All Britts owned to-date started off with insanely high levels of pointing instinct. All were certified hip healthy and all have been very healthy with the exception of injuries associated with being a high performance, high intensity athlete in an unforgiving environment.

One of by Britts ranges a little far out than my others have. I learned to accept it and she has brought it in just a bit as she has aged and hunts closer in the grouse woods anyways.

The rest is largely up to me.

I just have never felt the urge to compete with them. Maybe a tinge of hunter / master hunter certifications for something to do - but then nahhh. Most competitions and events, the dog spends more time kenneled or tied than the do in the field.

Walking into a field right behind someone else and their dogs (as they drive off) and finding and killing birds is often enough for me. :cool:

Long time ago - I took my son to a "youth & dog" club sponsored event. Pup was 5 months old. Check corded. I asked if I could work a vacant field. Couple of pros said sure, but quite a few dogs have been through there and there are no birds. 5 minutes and two solid points later had them walking up to me asking where she was from. ;)

Back