License Question

-Wildcat-

Super Moderator
Howdy, Iowans! I may hunt Iowa this fall... it'll be my first hunting trip out of state. What's the difference between a NR Hunting and a NR Hunting / Habitat? Figured it would be easier to ask here rather than read through the regs.

Thanks in advance!

For the license to be valid there must also be a habitat stamp purchased. that stamp is good then for whatever Iowa licenses you purchase.

Just my opinion. I lived in Indiana and hunted Iowa for many years. The last year we hunted Iowa. We hunted hard from morning till dark for 4 days and had 1 50 yard shot. Save your money and go to SD. I think buying an out of state license is a waste of money and time. Again this is my opinion.

Just my opinion. I lived in Indiana and hunted Iowa for many years. The last year we hunted Iowa. We hunted hard from morning till dark for 4 days and had 1 50 yard shot. Save your money and go to SD. I think buying an out of state license is a waste of money and time. Again this is my opinion.

Probably the case in lots of Iowa. I will go with my dogs on public land during the week, avoiding the crowds, and shoot 2 to 3 birds between 800 and 1200 consistently. I do have a down day every now and then but they are the exception.

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll stay in Kansas again this year, and plan a different trip next year : )

Iowa is down, but it's not out. If you have good habitat, there are birds. But a strip of CRP surrounded me several miles of clean-off, cut corn or beans, with not a stick of anything to hide a mouse, you'll be frustrated. It also helps to hunt private lands. I've been fortunate to know folks and have had neighbors offer good ground to hunt. We'll be making the trip in early November again and am looking forward to the hunt.

Back