License date question

We have been to SD several times and usually head that way in mid-December. We have been fortunate to buy our license after a certain date that allowed us to use 5 days one season and save the other 5 days for the next season. Anyone know what that date is this year? I looked on the SD website and could not find that info. I think it is usually around Dec 12 or so but not sure.
Thanks!!

Thanks guys. For some reason I was thinking it was around the 10th or 12th, at least one year we came. Not sure if we will make it up that way this year, but maybe. Thanks again.

December 15th? someone explain that please. thanks

A non-resident license is good for 10 days. You can choose two 5 day periods or 10 days in succession. If you buy the license on or after Dec. 15th you can use 5 of the 10 days this season and the other 5 days anytime next season.

And you can change that 5 day period at any time. However the change must be made prior to the start of the original 5 days chosen. You can go to any license issuing agent to make the change.

And you can change that 5 day period at any time. However the change must be made prior to the start of the original 5 days chosen. You can go to any license issuing agent to make the change.

Just to clarify. Ol'gun is talking about the second 5 day period. Since you have to declare the two 5 day periods you want it's best to pick the last 5 days of the next season. Then if you come earlier you can go to a issuing agent and change the days to those that you want. Hope I've made this a little clearer.

Thanks, Dakotazeb.

Good tip, too, about choosing the last 5 days of the season, especially for those who may not be sure when they want their second 5 day period to begin.

Back