Learning about being a bird dog

CO_Weimar

Had a fun time out at Cobb today. Worked with a 3 1/2 month old Weimaraner puppy on intro work and socialization. Always like working with the puppies. Did a little work with my big blue guy, Dakota too.

Cowboy
Point
9533026257_59e3724bf9_z.jpg

Chase
9533025803_59d2474eb2_z.jpg

Retrieve
9533027689_8da4402041_z.jpg

Fun
9535813388_5bdb291340_z.jpg

Praise
9535813796_e0767300fe_z.jpg

He's a nice pup. We're boarding him for a while in exchange for some training of our youngster, Blitz. Blitz is up in Montana getting ready for grouse season up there.

:cheers:

He's a hoot ;) thinks he is a big boy already.

The week before, we put him on quail and he just danced around barking at them. I worked with him on frozen quail during the week, and he got the idea. After the weekend, he started pointing robins, brought us a dried up dead bird and tried bringing us a leftover rabbit from a coyote's dinner. :)

pups

the last couple of days pastor john and me had his mutt out trying to work some pheasants, first thing that went wrong was none of the 6 pheasants would fly even when thrown up in the air, missing some primary feathers likely didn't help but all in all turned out to be a bum deal. peyton did chase and retrieve her first live roosters, she did a great job hunting and finding the birds but then the birds just walked around in front of her. kinda, a little bit, had a couple of points, staunch she wasn't but when it comes to pointing grasshoppers she is a staunch pointing fool, grasshoppers are kinda hard to hit so she didn't get to retrieve any of them. while one of my dogs held point, peyton didn't have a clue what he was doing, not surprising though, and that bird would not sit long enough to get to peyton and try to set her up, oh well

cheers

Back