Leads for Labrador

He is through Blaines basic gundog program. Steady, lite force fetched, obedience, crate trained, quarters, doing marks, decoys, etc. Blaine is a terrific trainer. Super soft mouth, great delivery, extremely birdy, great enthusiasm. He had 3 litter mates kept back to sell as started dogs so he has 3 left.

lite force fetched..... what is that exactly?

Hey everyone! I am currently starting my research on finding a new lab puppy but it has been a bit overwhelming as there are so many breeders and so many opinions!

Right now I think I've settled on going with a lab from a British working line. I currently live in Idaho but am willing to travel.

If there are any recommendations for breeders or what to look for on the breeders sights that would be awesome!

Thank you so much!
Hey Danimarie, still looking for a great lab pup?

We have two yellow labs, both from breeders here in Colorado. We've also had yellows from a breeder in Washington State. Our current pair are "British" and "American" lineage. The Brit is easy going, a little hard headed, and a great bird dog. The "American" is from good trialing stock and is a rocket, but easy to train, and a great bird dog. They are definitely different, but we have found in good ways. Our previous Washington state labs were from championship trial stock and were also "rockets". This is our first Brit so we can't base too much on this one dog, but she certainly is different from our American lineage labs. We hunt ours together and get the best of both worlds. The Brit is meticulous in covering ground, and thus covers less, but the American more than makes up for that with a lot of ground covered. No bird is safe with this pair. Now that the Brit is getting up in age, we are going to have to make a decision for a replacement. We always visit the kennels, look at the sires and dams and if possible, watch them work. We know we'll have to make a decision - "rocket" or calmer Brit, but honestly, we like both so we are undecided at this time. We are lucky right now, we have both. Trainability is tops with us, so work with a breeder to find that trait and you'll be happy.

Back