Late season Success

Wirehairs

I had some of my business associates come to Winner from across the southern part of SD for a hunt today. Beautiful day, high around 30, just a slight breeze and some wild roosters on private land. There were 11 of us and if there would have been a couple better shots:) we could have got a limit but it was still a great time even being a few birds short. This time of year it takes some work and as I told the guys coming in, bring at least 5 shot and I will be using 4 shot if you get the hint. Here are a couple pics for you.

CPC009.jpg

CPC002.jpg

who's the mountain man in the back?
I wish just once I wouldve had a SD hunt like that, never did. Its never lived up to the hype and propaganda

UplandHntr - I am the Mountain Man in the back.:) I also am standing on an old plow! I am about 6'4" though

UGUIDE - That drill is getting used ---For taking Pictures:D

1stout - My GWP has no quit in him, well we were busy taking pictures he continued to work the grass around the drill, 50 ft from the drill he locks up and points a Rooster:) the shotguns were all put away also:( I would say most everybody that was there though will remember the rooster who got away more than the ones who didn't:D

Back