Last Hunt of the 2013 season

I managed to get out of the forest where I now live and back to pheasant range for the last two days of the season. Day one went so well we went back to the same place for day and of course it was totally different! :rolleyes: We did finally catch up to some birds and dog made two great retrieves on live birds to finish the season. I thought the last bird was lost when she came walking up behind me with the "sheepish" grin on her face "you lookin for this", she earned her dog food for the next year! :cheers:
DSCN1023_zpsfbd143e9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's a good way to end the bird season. :thumbsup:

Good pup work to. :cheers:

Excellent Browning! Good looking lab there, but wait. Didn't you know labs aren't good bird dogs. I just keep hearing that somewhere!

Ya, lots of trash talk about labs, but the number and variety of birds flushed and/or pointed and retrieved by them speaks for itself. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

The other nice part is during the off season they are great house/companion dogs! :D

Excellent Browning! Good looking lab there, but wait. Didn't you know labs aren't good bird dogs. I just keep hearing that somewhere!

Yea they are not Versatile at all:D. Great pics. Wish I had another hunt in me this year, but I am paying the price at work for three long trips earlier. I need to pace myself better next year:D

BTW Citori
I think I'm looking at my truck in that picture. Give it back! I swear we have the same truck including the capper. Right down to the color.

Is that a '13 Sierra 1500 in Stealth Gray?

JS, unfortunately for me it is 2005, with 140k on it. Still running strong but they don't last forever (unfortunately).

I have a 05 Chev Duramax, Allison transmission.
I'm just getting er broke in. 180,000.

1988 Chev with 371,000 miles on it. 2007 Labrador with very few miles on her.
BC, expect your trans to go out at any minute if it hasn't already. Those Chev 4 speed OD trans are terrible trans that usually last from 50K to my exceptional 167K. I don't know how I got so many miles out of mine other than having the ATf changed every couple of years.
Yellow Lab females are about as good as they come. I sleep with mine in my sleeping bag every night and she's warm! I also like that I can rub her belly if she's done something good and not have to worry about getting a handful of sausage and gravy.

l37g.jpg

3ezp.jpg

Last edited:
1988 Chev with 371,000 miles on it. 2007 Labrador with very few miles on her.
BC, expect your trans to go out at any minute if it hasn't already. Those Chev 4 speed OD trans are terrible trans that usually last from 50K to my exceptional 167K. I don't know how I got so many miles out of mine other than having the ATf changed every couple of years.
Yellow Lab females are about as good as they come. I sleep with mine in my sleeping bag every night and she's warm! I also like that I can rub her belly if she's done something good and not have to worry about getting a handful of sausage and gravy.

Calamari, mine has a manual trans (clutch is still original) and is still running on the same 5 cylinders in came with(not Chevy's best idea!). The power steering pump went out a month ago after one of the cold snaps we had. I am hoping to trade to something with less miles in the near future but will see. :rolleyes:

BC you've got one of the less common trucks with a standard trans. and that 5 cyl. but treat it right and it'll last a long time. I imagine you do have to row it a little with the gear shift in the mountains but then that's why they make books on tape. I've enjoyed a number of great mystery stories crossing Montana.

Back