Last Hunt of 2016 Season

hobbes

Last Friday ended the 2016 season for us. *I was fortunate enough to get invited to hunt some private land. *It was a beautiful day with very little wind. * Deep brushy*coulees with cattails in the bottom and wheat fields on top. *It took the better part of the day with most birds out smarting us and flushing wild ahead, but we cornered enough birds to get them to hold and limited out with one bonus sharpie.

Finn, my 7 month old Griff, did well. *He sniffed out a couple hens and hesitated before the flush. *He pointed one hen, even had one foot raised. *I was thinking "that looks like a point" when he decided to just keep on hunting, so I thought "I guess*not". *I walked to the spot he'd just left and a hen flushed. *He's still trying to put it all together.*

Cash with first rooster of the day and Finn looking over*the terrain. *I let Cash hold the bird for a little while. *He loves to retrieve.

20161230_100429.jpg

20161230_102240.jpg

Looks like. Montana. I limited out the last 3 days of the season, and got several sharps. I hope I can post some photos.

Goose master I can walk you through posting a photo. I got out the last day got one bird and it was so cold my IPhone lost power. That could also be central ND looks like awesome country my other guess would be eastern Montana.

Thanks for the post and great to hear about your success , you have any more pictures of that beautiful country !!!

Goose master I can walk you through posting a photo. I got out the last day got one bird and it was so cold my IPhone lost power. That could also be central ND looks like awesome country my other guess would be eastern Montana.

Thanks- I'm going to try that ohotobucket thing, but I'm not a computer guy. I do take a lot of photos, with my camera, not a phone.

Back