Last day of Colorado Pheasant Season.

Hunter1971

I'm heading out with my wife, and Andy tomorrow morning for one last chance at some birds. I just have to do it!! :thumbsup:

Anyone else doing the same?

hunt

was out y-day and it's 4:20 am and i'm out the door in 10 min for the last day, only taking 2 dogs ; the others are wore out , only the young can do a two day hunt any more.

my son and i were out by Kirk last saturday on some walk in properties. we saw about 8 hens,all flushed wild acout 150 yds ahead. about 6 came out of a farmers yard ,the wind break around his house, saw2 nice roosters standing in somebodies drive way on 385.the season's over as i write this but if your out that way you might try that giant weed patch that used to be Bonny reservoir. we moved 2 hens out of there, maybe there's a rooster lurking in there.ducks are closed too:(

goose is still open or it may just be easier to go paid pheasant hunting,long meadows i liked last year,have fun

My cousin and i went out on Wednesday because the weather was in our opinion better for hunting then what Thursday was predicting. We found a fair numbers of birds most hens and most held tight especailly late morning when the wind picked up. It most have been my cousins day because the 5 roosters the dogs pointed and put up were around him, i was just a spectator at that point. He ended the day with two and alot of bad excuses some he had heard me use. We were able to talk to all of the land owners and once again thank them for the opportunity to hunt their land. So all in all we had a good safe year and came away with the knowing that we need to hit the clays harder this year. One of these days i will figure out how to post pictures on this for all to view.

Good luck and be safe.

Well, Thursday started out with an awesome Sunrise as we were driving to Yuma, then we decided to change things up and instead of heading straight out to hunt we meet at the Main Event for some breakfast with my wife, Bill, and Pete. After a great breakfast we headed to the fields to hunt. Every field we went to the birds were roosters were holding tight and the hens flushing wildly, by the end of the day we all had our limits and watched a beautiful Sunset to end our 2012-2013 season!

THEN I WOKE UP FROM MY DREAM!! :( As it turns out nothing in my dream was true except the Sunrise, the breakfast, and the Sunset! :laugh:

The birds were wily as ever, it was dry, one of our major plans were destroyed by other hunters, and yes we probably should have had one or two roosters but they took advantage of our group. All in all we seen quite a few birds which was great! It was a nice day spent hunting with good dogs and good people. :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed 2012-2013 season!
1- I got Andy going on some wild birds, he's came along way from his 2011-2012 first season of hunting, and I think he learned a lot this season.
2- My wife started hunting with me once in awhile and it's been great to show her new things. I'm really proud of her for wanting to hunt and her desire to learn to hunt. I'm looking forward to getting her own gear, it'll be fun!
3- I also made some new friends from this forum and I hope to carry on a friendship for years to come. :thumbsup:

:cheers: Here's to a bigger and better 2013-2014 Pheasant season!! :cheers:

reading through our neighbors forum i gathered it was more productive driving 7 hrs instead of 3.
wait till next year

Even with no birds taken (and I had two good opportunities but no good excuses), it was a fun day. Great to see how Andy is coming along and to see your wife get started. Hopefully that rubs off on my wife :D

Very grateful to you and Bill for including me. Always great hunting with good people.

Here's to next season: :cheers:

Pride will turn 10 in October. 2013-2014 will probably be our last year together in the field full time. Almost time for a new puppy.

I hope everyone enjoys the off season. See you at the Pheasants Forever dinner in March.

Even with no birds taken (and I had two good opportunities but no good excuses), it was a fun day. Great to see how Andy is coming along and to see your wife get started. Hopefully that rubs off on my wife :D

Very grateful to you and Bill for including me. Always great hunting with good people.

Here's to next season: :cheers:

Cant killem sittin on the couch....great huntin with you guys

Back