Last chicken hunt today

duckn66

Went out to a huge wiha west of here. Pulled up and there was two trucks on it. Went and checked out some quail hunting spots waiting for these guys to leave.

Couple hours later they are gone and I put down bob and Obie. Mile from the truck bob is on point Obie comes in and backs. Knew it was a tweety bird by the way he was pointing. Was pretty none the less. So we walk on and on and on.

Obie is flying down this fence line and all of the sudden his front end stops and his back end swings around. Mean while bob is on point on a hill side south of Obie.

I bet I didn't get within 200 yards of those birds before the got out of dodge. So goes the late season early season chickens. Now the wait for quail season.

Sorry no pics today. My camera girl stayed home and my phone never got a chance to leave my pocket.

This late in the season, they may hold for the dogs, but they don't let you get close enough for a shot most of the time.

You going to make a dog out of Bob? I know you did with Obi.

Bob is doing well. He had some wrecks last season but I think he has that behind him now. He's a sweet little guy. I'll get some photos of him this year.

Trust me I had little to do with Obie. He's just on auto pilot. But believe me he had plenty of wrecks early last season. As many as bob maybe more.

Chuck you should come up this year for some quail hunts.

I plan on Thanksgiving week. Not sure which dogs or if it will be just me or.. my buddy might go.

For that matter...don't know where i'm going and for how long.

Back