Lake Francis Case/Fishing

Labman

Heading to Pickstown SD this weekend to do some fishing on Lake Francis Case. Staying at a campground down there. Hoping it's a beautiful weekend to fish, and enjoy with a good friend and my step-dad. Probably spend some time fishing for Walleye and some smallmouth/largemouth bass. Hard to get back there much, so I hope the weather cooperates. Anyone else going to be out fishing this coming weekend? On the Missouri River?

You can't just say they were jumping in the boat and leave it at that. You have to tell us where.

River

Teenage neighbor boys been limiting out with 2 lb fish every trip, fishing fromn the BANK. Hint: Chamberlain.

I was hoping your were going to say down by Pickstown, they were jumping in the boat.

As of right now, the weather looks good. I probably just jinxed it....

I have a place about 5-6 miles from there. I'm good friends with many in the area. I have fished that area a bunch and put in at all the landings there. I hear the Walleye's are hitting good. Good Luck, enjoy your trip. :10sign:

Thanks onpoint!

Good to hear about the Walleye. Didn't know how the walleye bit would be, but sounds good.....

I have a place about 5-6 miles from there. I'm good friends with many in the area. I have fished that area a bunch and put in at all the landings there. I hear the Walleye's are hitting good. Good Luck, enjoy your trip. :10sign:

Bass tournament on the lake today. I haven't heard any results yet, maybe later tonight.

My friend took 9th out of 36 boats and made the cut for day two of fishing. He weighed in at just under 12 pounds with a limit of 4 Small Mouth. Only 2 oz's out of 6th. Lets see what day two brings. 35 mph winds should kick the waves up. He switching boats to a big water walleye boat with a 250 Opti Max. Not as fast as his boat but better in the big water.

We saw all the bass boats zipping around the River on Saturday. Was a beautiful day on Saturday, but Sunday was a completely different story. The wind was horrible. I caught 2 smallmouth on Saturday, but we couldn't catch anymore than that. Those bass boats were awesome to see though. Alot of money into those things. Wasn't a fun drive back to the twin cities on Monday with a 30-40 mph wind hitting me head on... Overall, a fun weekend though....

Back