Lab vs Golden, upland, ducks , grouse and best friend?

You might check "Maplehills Kennels, Luck, WI.

My Golden, Max is 5.5 and a very accomplished pheasant hunter. Dark brown/red, great family pet and loves to hunt. Several on this site have hunted with him and attest to his desire, nose et al.

Let me know if you need more information...

Well as you can imagine I am partial to labs. What I have noticed is labs tend to be a bit more aggressive and golden's are a bit more deliberate. I would own a golden like john's in a minute. True field labs can be a bit hyper at times, although they will settle down. As to companionship I think it is a wash

Thanks, Tom...nice sentiment...and the same goes for your Buddy. The birds don't have much of a chance with these two!

I am on my 5th golden and can't bring myself to have anything else! They all havedone all I could ask for!I am sure other breed owners feel the same! I look for parents that are not hyper! Train myself using Richard Wolters books! Main thing is you have to do your part when the dog is a pup! I guided over100 hunts with my 7 yr old male last year! Owner of hunt club says hunters call and ask to hunt with "Beau" but forgot my name!! LOL!! Check guides section of Elkhornlake Hunt Club,Bucyrus, Oh. Good luck on whatever you choose!Be careful what you say about a mans wife and kids but be damn careful what you say about his bird dog!!!

Back