L. H. Boyd

hopboyd

I am an 88 year old - had to stop hunting about 12 years ago. Resided in East Tennessee since 1952. I've had bird dogs since age 14,except war years, college years and a few years with a new family. As I write, my son is in South Dakota with two English and one Llewellin setters.

I've hunted grouse in Ohio, Virginia and Tenn. Hunted quail in Va., South Carolina and Tenn. Hunted ringnecks in Ohio and S. Dakota. Trained my own dogs so long that I hunted, and helped my son since. My son hunts quail in Arkansas every year in late November, Dec. and Jan. Yes, he is semi-retired.

Don't know what I can contribute here, but my passion for hunting and especially pointing dogs has never waned.

Welcome to UPH. Gladev to have you join us. You have many years of knowledge to share with us.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mr. Boyd, it is our privilege to have you here.

The essentials are the same: Man, dog, bird, and gun.

Each time they come together it is new, and old, again.

Welcome.

Welcome to UPH Mr. Boyd. Please share your knowledge and stories with us.:cheers:

Acknowledgement

Thank you for the kind welcomes.

We all have experiences which we love to articulate, but which might be boring to everyone else. That reality makes me hesitant to just fire up.

I've had an experience this year which might be of some interest (2014) wherein two "experts", my son and myself, almost ruined a promising pup using "tried and true" training methods. A real trainer will (I hope) rescue the pup from the damage by two morons.

I also get daily reports from South Dakota on how the season is going in their area, and it is not good, so far.

Back