Kleine (Small) M?nsterl?nder pups

mstand

Ultra Sounds have confirmed that we have puppies on the way!

We are now taking deposits for the breeding between Max vom Schutzenknapp and Baja vom Wamsbach.
Both of these dogs are German imports. This litter will be the first American bred, German Registered Kleine M?nsterl?nders in North America.

Both Max and Baja and very strong hunter and spent at least 190 hours in Iowa fields chasing wild birds. When hunting wild bird, Max and Baja have a very staunch point and powerful nose. Max is a bigger runner, covering 100-150 yard on average. Baja has a bit closer range. Both are very cooperative dogs.
To see some pictures and video, please visit our site at http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Max's Statistics

Brn/Wht
Whelped 01-23-10
56cm
55 pounds
Penn Hip .24/.28 HD-A /HQ- .96
Form/coat rating SG/SG Very Good/Very Good
Sight Laut

Testing

2010 NAVHDA NA 112 Prize I
2011 JGHV VJP 75
2011 JGHV HZP 190 Suchensieger (High Score of the test)
2011 SMCNA Bird Derby winner(Youngest dog running in field of 15).
2012 JGHV VGP 303 Prize I with a 4H in Nose and Suchensieger.
2012 HN
2013 BTR Pass
2013 completed 2 leg of HRC title
2013 NAVHDA UT 204 Prize I
2013 Inducted into the SMCNA Hall of Fame.

Currently, Max has the highest VGP score of any KM tested in the United States.

Sires Awards
Herzcoff's "I" Litter
Castiron's "F" Litter

Baja's Stats:

Imported
Whelp date 5/19/12
Brown/White
51cm
40 pounds
Penn Hip .24/.29 HD A /HQ .99
Form and coat rating of SG/SG(Very Good/Very Good)

JGHV VJP 64
NAVHDA NA 112 Prize I (Max Score)
JGHV HZP 169

Baja
6efb823b-f300-4b2b-9e6d-88b6908ee0da_zps3c1b938e.jpg

Max
DSC_0039_zpse04b5d13.jpg

DSCN3176_zpsc1971f05.jpg

Last edited:
Nice dogs. Are you taking Max to the Invitationa?
I am not in the market as I have 5 Pudelpointers, but if anyone wants a Munsterlander, this looks like a good breeding.

Thank you Uncle Buck for the kind words!

Yes, I am taking Max to the invite. I had a hard time deciding if I would or not.
I took him out today for his first backing lesson and he did great. It was just on a silhouette, but it worked.

Every breeder will probably say there breeding is a good one, LOL it is just how it goes.
I put the time into finding the breeding of these 2 dogs in Germany. I got them over here and have worked hard to complete the testing(Baja still has VGP to do next year)and conformation rating done by a German form judge.
I actually hunt them too. Mostly upland, but waterfowl when we can.

I can only say that I love the way they both hunt. The have their flaws, but the total package is there. I hope the pups will bring improvements where needed while keeping or adding to the elements that I love about them.

Where are you located? Are you running any of them at the invite?

Here are some videos of these dogs at work.

Max on point on a late season rooster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o_06dq3Rsc

Max's duck search at hs HZP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8w4GGbFgVA

Max's deer track during youth season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMB7faawsiY

Baja's search behind duck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO7K_1aGNP8

This is Baja on an early season bird. She is still a young dog. She went on point, the bird moved on her. She pointed again and the bird flushed. This bird sailed at least 200 plus yard up and over the hill. I could not mark it nor could she. We went for it anyways. 15 minutes later, she located this bird, it was truly amazing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuivEdXdMjE

Max on point and Baja backing.....and maybe sneaking just a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg7v7u_TRRo

Thank you Uncle Buck for the kind words!

Yes, I am taking Max to the invite. I had a hard time deciding if I would or not.
I took him out today for his first backing lesson and he did great. It was just on a silhouette, but it worked.

Every breeder will probably say there breeding is a good one, LOL it is just how it goes.
I put the time into finding the breeding of these 2 dogs in Germany. I got them over here and have worked hard to complete the testing(Baja still has VGP to do next year)and conformation rating done by a German form judge.
I actually hunt them too. Mostly upland, but waterfowl when we can.

I can only say that I love the way they both hunt. The have their flaws, but the total package is there. I hope the pups will bring improvements where needed while keeping or adding to the elements that I love about them.

Where are you located? Are you running any of them at the invite?

I am northwest of Sioux Falls about 15 miles. Nothing going to invite. I am a passive trainer, extremetly active hunter.

I am northwest of Sioux Falls about 15 miles. Nothing going to invite. I am a passive trainer, extremetly active hunter.

Although we are pretty far apart, it would be great to hook up for a hunt sometime. We always love to meet new people while hunting.
I hunt with a fella that has PP from Ripsnorters kennel. Nice dog. I am sure he would like to meet oyu too.

Let me know when you are in SD and we will see what we can do. Ripsnorter (Chris Genter)is a member of the North American Pudelpointer Alliance as am I. He has excellent genetics.
I really like the point on that first pic. I have hunted with a number of SMs, mostly Ray DeJong's tho he is no longer breeding.That was about the only complaint I ever had with the SM, some flagging a lot, but that's great intensity.

I will do that!

I have discovered that the flagging of this breed is sometimes them "playing their own game". To much check cording and boring set up situations.

A faster paced training regiment is what I am trying out on my 3rd KM. Launchers and forward progress. SOmetimes launching the birds for no reason.
Upbeat and fun.

The guy I hunt with is a member of the Alliance too. I know he was trying to get his bitch, Molly, bred last fall. She would not stand. I havent seen many PP's but I like her personality and her hunt.

I have discovered that the flagging of this breed is sometimes them "playing their own game". To much check cording and boring set up situations.
+1

A faster paced training regiment is what I am trying out on my 3rd KM. Launchers and forward progress. Sometimes launching the birds for no reason.
You been talking to that old guy in WI again....? ;)

cr

The pups have arrived and I still have room for a few more deposits.

Baja had 6 Females and a Male. Mother and pups are doing very well.
These pups will be FCI pedigreed and NAVHDA registered.

I cant say enough about the hunting abilities of these two dogs. They are great in the blind and on upland birds. They are quite companions in the home and they are GREAT tracking dogs for deer or game recovery.

Here are a few pictures
pups1_zpsb78217af.jpg

pups_zpsaec24944.jpg

DSC_0106_zps34b318b7.jpg

DSC_0120_zpsbfe75949.jpg

Interesting. Color wise the three in the middle have similar spots and the two on the right are almost identical.
Did you see the whelping article in the new NAVHDA mag? I thought a little ridiculous re the fuss she went thru. My dogs, tho not all the same, have no problems birthing. The sac is gone before I see it and I a leave the dog pretty much in the dark, just checking to see whats going on now and then.

well, she also dresses up her dogs. Look up Robingun kennels. So that explains it.

mstand, how's it going with the pups? Have they all found new homes? The photos you posted here and elsewhere on this site are great. Makes me want to take one home. :) If I was truly looking for a new pup I'd probably be knocking on your door. Good luck.

Hi DZ! Thanks for asking.

I actually have 1 female left just for you! :p

Because of things going on with in the SM/KM world, it has been slower than I would have thought. But once people talk to me and understand what the deal is, everything turns out ok.:)

These little buggers have been so much fun! They have been pure uplifting! I love to sit in the yard and just take pictures of them.

I am glad you have enjoyed teh pictures. HAve you seen the videos of the little contraptions I have made for them to try and desensitize them to sounds?

The first one is the pups playing in the adventure box. It have paint cans and other items on it to make noises.

This one was just a really noisey cat tunnel I got from walmart that they LOVE to play in.

This one is a swimming pool filled with water bottles! Makes a racket and they LOVE it!

This was stair training. Apollo didnt take to it right away.

So am i getting the sense you bought a sm and not a setter? If so, congrats as tho i am a pudelpointer breeder, this litter appears to have great potential. Unclebuck

No Uncle Buck, he went with a setter.

All my pups sold and I actually had something cool happen that got me to give a pup to a 12 year old boy. Everything just fell into place and I hope to see the youngman and his first hunting dog in the duck blind this fall!

Pictures to follow

Back