Keys

Bob Peters

Where do you put your keys when hunting? I always stuck them in a vest pocket, but a buddy places them on top of the truck tire.

I carry them in my pocket. Just like I do everyday.

On hunting trips, I generally give my dad a second truck key just for redundancy, and to allow moving trucks around depending on who ends up where in a field.

On my F250, that keypad on the door is awesome. Wish my Tundra had it.

Last year one time I carried my keys rather than leaving them in my truck (Expedition). Of course, I dropped them out of my pocket when I pulled out my phone. I backtracked for 45 minutes but no joy. Luckily I was close to the house and Toni was home, so she brought out her set. Cost me over $200 for a new key & to get it programmed...

Center console. Ford has a key pad entry so I don't have to worry about losing them.

Get yourself a Ford.
(y) However, you have to hope your battery never dies before you get back to the vehicle.

I leave them in my ignition! I drive a 1989 honda civic hatchback that looks like a junk car. I figure if they steal it, they can have it. Never a problem in the field. Had a few call the sheriff that the found an old abandoned car out in the country. Since they know my car they tell them it belongs to a hunter.

The actual key stays in the center console. The key fob goes with me clipped the key hook in my vest. I also have the GMC app to unlock if needed.

Front pants pocket.

Get the Tile ...

I have a tile on my truck key fob and my Garmin Astro lanyard. Can find from your phone if you are within the right distance (varies by model). Visa-versa you can push the button on your Tile and your cell phone sounds off.

1610746372517.png

It has been a great accessory, but mostly used around my home !!!

I have field trial tested (on purpose) the tile used on my keys. It worked outside in a grassy area ... 30+ yards. Heard the new Tile Pro goes even further.

I believe some 2021 trucks will start using a cell phone to verify / allow the keyless start function to go... along with opening your doors. Not sure if that is a good thing or bad ... keep the phone dry enough to function I guess.

Front pants pocket.

Get the Tile ...

I have a tile on my truck key fob and my Garmin Astro lanyard. Can find from your phone if you are within the right distance (varies by model). Visa-versa you can push the button on your Tile and your cell phone sounds off.

View attachment 1106

It has been a great accessory, but mostly used around my home !!!

I have field trial tested (on purpose) the tile used on my keys. It worked outside in a grassy area ... 30+ yards. Heard the new Tile Pro goes even further.
We like that too. I actually put a key behind the license plate. Undo the screw, make sure you put one in that is for a flathead. Run the bolt through the opening in the key for the door. Have had to drill out a few to get this to work. The bolt is easy enough to undo with a coin, preferably a quarter. I carry a lineman's pliers in my vest (for snare cables) all the time so this would work too. Key is hidden behind the license plate. I only have to worry about all of you all on this forum from this point forward.

Back