Keys

Front pants pocket.

Get the Tile ...

I have a tile on my truck key fob and my Garmin Astro lanyard. Can find from your phone if you are within the right distance (varies by model). Visa-versa you can push the button on your Tile and your cell phone sounds off.

View attachment 1106

It has been a great accessory, but mostly used around my home !!!

I have field trial tested (on purpose) the tile used on my keys. It worked outside in a grassy area ... 30+ yards. Heard the new Tile Pro goes even further.
I use Tile too, would not have bought, but it was a gift. I have used it to find my keys, but most often I use it to find where I left my phone. Wouldn't be without it now.

Pants pocket that zips closed. If hunting with someone I give them the spare set so they can get back in the truck if I am still wandering around the field.

I've had to adjust my gun as I've aged. Drop, cast and pull. I've found trying to retrain something not natural, is hard to master especially when your instinctive when shooting. It's not hard to make the gun fit changes. There are kits for new guns our you can make your own from cardboard, balsa or moldable plastic. A little adjustment will make a big difference

I've had to adjust my gun as I've aged. Drop, cast and pull. I've found trying to retrain something not natural, is hard to master especially when your instinctive when shooting. It's not hard to make the gun fit changes. There are kits for new guns our you can make your own from cardboard, balsa or moldable plastic. A little adjustment will make a big difference
I'm confused.. Who were you replying to?

Where do you put your keys when hunting? I always stuck them in a vest pocket, but a buddy places them on top of the truck tire.
Old school here. A simple, idiot proof solution (the kind I need): I use an old ID badge lanyard. Link the key ring on the snap hook that previously attached the badge to the lanyard; loop the lanyard over my belt and drop the keys into my front pants pocket. Never lose my keys, ever.

Last year one time I carried my keys rather than leaving them in my truck (Expedition). Of course, I dropped them out of my pocket when I pulled out my phone. I backtracked for 45 minutes but no joy. Luckily I was close to the house and Toni was home, so she brought out her set. Cost me over $200 for a new key & to get it programmed...
Programmed? My old ford doesn't lock!! Lol

I leave them in my ignition! I drive a 1989 honda civic hatchback that looks like a junk car. I figure if they steal it, they can have it. Never a problem in the field. Had a few call the sheriff that the found an old abandoned car out in the country. Since they know my car they tell them it belongs to a hunter.

My 'commuter' car is a 2001 Civic with 300K miles, peeling clearcoat, scratches, dents, wanky bumper, etc. Before covid, I flew every week, out on Monday, back on Friday. I'd park the car at the local airport, key still in ignition. This airport lot is free parking, no fence, no guards, no nothing, free for all. Flying weekly, for 6 months, and not one person stole that damn car. :(

My wife spent all day yesterday setting up a new batch of the Tiles for her grandpas keys. He is a paranoid used equipment dealer that has about 10 trucks/cars he drives frequently, plus locks his house office, his shop, his shop on the other property, multiple gates, etc, all on different key sets. I think she has something like 24 active Tiles set up for him on her grandmas phone. Grandma spends all her time staring at her phone walking around their house and property trying to find where he set down the keys for something. Evidently it works good enough that they got more.

I lock my truck and hide mine behind a tire just on the ground. Out of sight enough. When I'm hunting with someone I tell them where I put the keys just in case they gota move the truck or I'm incapacitated and they need to drive.

I used to have a Ford Explorer with the keypad and loved it for hunting like others have said. I just left the key in the car, locked it, and my dad knew the combo (which was my birthday). Its definitely handy. Newer Chevy trucks have an aftermarket keypad you can add which I plan to add to my truck at some point.

I lock my truck and hide mine behind a tire just on the ground. Out of sight enough. When I'm hunting with someone I tell them where I put the keys just in case they gota move the truck or I'm incapacitated and they need to drive.

I used to have a Ford Explorer with the keypad and loved it for hunting like others have said. I just left the key in the car, locked it, and my dad knew the combo (which was my birthday). Its definitely handy. Newer Chevy trucks have an aftermarket keypad you can add which I plan to add to my truck at some point.
Add it now -or if your like me—-“some point” will come after you’ve locked yourself out some where— the other side of no where😳🤬
I have the Expedition with key pad—Put after market pad on wife’s Honda Pilot—works ok-

Add it now -or if your like me—-“some point” will come after you’ve locked yourself out some where— the other side of no where😳🤬
I have the Expedition with key pad—Put after market pad on wife’s Honda Pilot—works ok-
Yeah I plan on adding it this winter. It's a goofy looking key pad for the chevys so I want it out of sight because it looks ugly. I haven't been able to find the specs on it to know how big it is. Which I need to know because I plan to put it on the inside of my fuel fill door to keep it hidden.

Ford definitely does a good job integrating it into the truck (at least on my Explorer) so it doesn't subtract from the look.

My pocket. When I have a partner they carry my extra set. I always used to carry an extra key in my wallet but that is no longer an option with fobs.

Gas Cap ? To be honest I am more than a little surprized that people don't keep the keys on them.

The only time we did the tire trick was some 40 years ago hunting antelope in Wyoming. We might head out in different directions. First one back had the keys. Nothing locked off course ... just able to use the truck if needed. The only reason they were not left in the truck was so they did not get locked in accidentally.

Back