Kennel crate pad.

Nasty-G

I have a busy French Britt that likes to chew. Had a blanket in it for a pad. Friend gave me heck saying he knows of dogs that chewed / swallowed that type & needed surgery to get it removed. Suggestions will be appreciated.

I've used rubber backed (door mat) mats for years, with no problems. They can be vacuumed or sprayed with a hose in the summer. Other types of blankets tend to hold moisture and attract critters.

I had and have Brit pups that did/do the same thing. Earlier I put a cheap little area rug in the crate that had a woven plastic backing. Mistake. Pup had an ordeal passing a three inch long strand of stiff plastic - plus a $$ vet visit. Follow Jonny B's recommendation about rubber backing - tough, dense rubber. I also have a soft pad for the vehicle crate that the pup has not been able to chew up or tear open. Unfortunately, not sure now where I got it, but Walmart probably.

I'm getting a rubber cow mat from a friend & going to cut it to fit the crate. Think that will fix the little bugger !

Anti Fatigue mats with holes work great. Cut them to fit and done.
I have a couple mats from wettmutts ($$$) and they are very nice but the tractor supply fatigue mats are tougher. Mudd river mats are ok but they hold water and one of my critters likes to try and dig holes through them.

Back