Kansas English Setter puppies

Prairie Drifter

Trapper and Rain put together an octet of these beauties Thursday, May 12. 5 males and 3 females took a good part of the day arriving but all are well and holding momma down by the keel! These bloodlines should hold true to their heritage. All 8 are tricolors. Males available. Trapper X Rain.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3851B.jpg
    IMG_3851B.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Pups are growing nicely! About to get their eyes open. I still have males available. Third pic is Rainbow. troygs@hotmail.com

Attachments

• IMG_3852B.jpg
    IMG_3852B.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Trapper left Bodie Right.jpg
    Trapper left Bodie Right.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 20190423_175940_resized_2.jpg
    20190423_175940_resized_2.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 23
  • TurboB.jpg
    TurboB.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
All of the champions on the pedigree shown are Field champions. Bo won the National All-Age Championship 2 years consecutive. First setter to win it in 40 years. Insider won in All-Age and Shooting Dogs Stakes. Reroy won in the grouse trial circuit with 5 championships and 3 runner ups. A few generations back and some NSTRA champions show up. Most notable might be Tricky Dick. These pups are 7 generations of my breeding on the bitches bitch side.

The reason I asked about titles is that CH=Show or Bench Championship. Field trial titles are FC=Field Champion, AFC=Amateur Field Champion, CFC=Canadian Field Champion, NFC=National Field Champion, NAFC=National Amateur Field Champion, etc. I have never seen field champions designated with a CH.

Sorry for not using the established designations. I guess, when all I deal with are gundogs, I expect folks to know. Also, those folks that follow English Setter bloodlines know these names and what they represent. Further, FC and many of the other designations you list are mostly used in the AKC registered dogs. All of mine are FDSB. That might not be useful to folks outside those groups, but most of us on here deal with field dogs or trial dogs.

Sorry for not using the established designations. I guess, when all I deal with are gundogs, I expect folks to know. Also, those folks that follow English Setter bloodlines know these names and what they represent. Further, FC and many of the other designations you list are mostly used in the AKC registered dogs. All of mine are FDSB. That might not be useful to folks outside those groups, but most of us on here deal with field dogs or trial dogs.
Troy, I understand all that you say. I wasn't trying to be a butt, just wanted to make sure that someone looking at the pedigree wasn't confused. I know you have some very nice dogs and the lines are excellent. I'm a field trialer myself so quite familiar with the various titles, etc. Nice litter, good luck with placing them.

I'm not as familiar with FDSB so that is maybe my fault. Too bad the various dog registers don't use a standardized title designation. It would be less confusing.

Troy, I understand all that you say. I wasn't trying to be a butt, just wanted to make sure that someone looking at the pedigree wasn't confused. I know you have some very nice dogs and the lines are excellent. I'm a field trialer myself so quite familiar with the various titles, etc. Nice litter, good luck with placing them.
I didn't take any offense. I do tend to write like the state employee I am. If you compare AKC trial pedigrees and FDSB pedigrees you will see some difference. The breeds that are predominantly registered AKC will almost all have those championship designations. FDSB won't. I get my wife to build those pedigrees on Word.

They are getting to the fun stage. My grandson was in Friday and gave them some loving. The other grandkids will get to see them tomorrow. I do still have males available.

Attachments

• IMG_3854B.jpg
    IMG_3854B.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3855B.jpg
    IMG_3855B.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 8
Here is an update on the pups. Still have 3 males that need a forever home. They will be 7 weeks old this coming Thursday and can start going to their new hunting homes then.

Attachments

• IMG_3868B.jpg
    IMG_3868B.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3869B.jpg
    IMG_3869B.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3870B.jpg
    IMG_3870B.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3871B.jpg
    IMG_3871B.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3872B.jpg
    IMG_3872B.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 34
If there is anything more pleasing than looking at a litter of puppies, I'm not sure what it is.

Trapper is my setters Dad, she is a great dog in the field with a natural 11:55 to 1:05 tail. She is very stylish on point and ranges very well in the field. I would highly recommend a pup from Prairie Drifter!

Back