it's all over but the crying!

2cockers

Well another season here has ended. I'm kinda jealous of some surrounding states that get to keep going for awhile. So whats on everybodys agenda till next fall? I've been wanting to get into hunt tests and trials and stuff like that. Anyone know of any? i know the BDC has some stuff up north, is there any down this way? like south of Wausau? I dont really care about earning points that count for anything I'm just not ready to call it quits. Alot of those tournaments are kinda pricey for me anyways.

I have a golden who does the bulk of my hunting and two cockers who love to hunt but really struggle late in the year with all the snow. I'd especially like to get them some tourney hunts in the spring with no snow and with quail or chuckars, which would be easier for them to handle.

Grouse until end of Jan. Would like to hunt them at least a couple more times. Planning on hitting coyotes hard starting sat. night maybe earlier. That should hold me over until turkeys in april.

I've hunted coyotes in the past. I want to still, had to sell my 22-250 earlier this year so if I go I'll have to bring em into shotgun range. A dead coyote is a dead coyote tho I spose! I've been thinking of looking for some grouse I've heard of ssome spots to try nearby, don't know how good they'd be, but better than nothing

I think they would do fine. All the snow would make it a little difficult, but you couldn't tell them that. I'm pretty novice at chacing grouse tho so I'm not sure what to look for as far as cover and stuff.

Well another season here has ended. I'm kinda jealous of some surrounding states that get to keep going for awhile. So whats on everybodys agenda till next fall? I've been wanting to get into hunt tests and trials and stuff like that. Anyone know of any? i know the BDC has some stuff up north, is there any down this way? like south of Wausau? I dont really care about earning points that count for anything I'm just not ready to call it quits. Alot of those tournaments are kinda pricey for me anyways.

Not sure where you live, but there is actual cocker trials and training groups you can hook up with out there. I know of several in different parts of Wisconsin, let me know if your interested. Spaniel hunt tests as well.

Back