is there an OFF switch?

agree with Birdman- exercise is your best bet. Its good for you too.

JMO but I would lose the tennis ball real quick. I've seen too many good dogs obsess over the dang things. It gets ugly.

mind telling that to my wife who loves to go to Petsmart and buying Martha Stewart tennis balls.... believe me, i enjoy watching sophia destroy such item. but i hate my wallet is draining for such toy.

Martha Stewart Balls? I didn't know there was such a thing but I shouldn't be surprised. :rolleyes:

Now if her image was on them and you can smack them with a racket I just might change my point of view. :eek:

Some dogs have it and most don't at least until they are older. You'll have a few here and there that get it, but in the field I don't need an off switch, it's in the house I'd like to find it.

This will sound very elementary, so sorry if I insult your intelligence but it has worked for me and I thought I would just pass it along for the house. When I have a young pup and they all get super excited, sometimes you have had enough and you are just not in the mood. I pick them up while I'm sitting down and constrain all of their legs, head and everything. I hold them tightly and tell them to settle. I will loosen the grip and if they squirm and try to get out, I tighten up and tell them to settle. I'll loosen again and same thing over and over. I will have to fight them for 15 mins sometimes, but eventually they will give up and just put their head down and settle down. If you try this and don't go all the way, watch out they just won and you set them up for definace for a long time to come. If my dog who is 10 months now goes crazy in the house, I say settle and he knows to calm it down.

I agree with all you guys. Just make sure he is getting enough exercise that should help you get his attension for ther training. Dont let him be the dominate one.

Back