Injured Dog..

GustavDaGSP

So I am not a vet by any means but I think my GSP has a pulled muscle How long does this take for a dog to heal :confused: If this is the case is he out for the rest of my season :(

I've had it happen a few times over the years. Rest for Normally a week or so works, then see if it persists. Do not run the dog hard until completly heeled.

can you please tell us more about the injury, which leg? How old is the dog, fitness level? Pulled muscle is certainly a possibility but it's pretty non-specific like saying you are "sick".......OK, do you have a cold or AIDS. My concern would be a more serious injury written off as a pulled muscle.

I have the same thing going on with Bleu! Horse Play with the 2 pups and now she is lamed up! One day she seems fine and the next 4 days she is limping around! Been giving some Glucosamine Tabs. Today she looks good and shows little sign of injury!!! Hope it turns out o.k. for you!!!

I have the same thing going on with Bleu! Horse Play with the 2 pups and now she is lamed up! One day she seems fine and the next 4 days she is limping around! Been giving some Glucosamine Tabs. Today she looks good and shows little sign of injury!!! Hope it turns out o.k. for you!!!

I have been giving Gus some asprin and glucosamine pills also, he seems to be doing better some more rest this week and maybe he can make it out for the last couple weeks of the season here :rolleyes:

Back