Importance of eCollars?

I posted this when my pup was 11 weeks old. He's now almost 4 months. While I selected a bloodline for hunting, this is most hard-headed Golden I've ever come across in my 50 years of training! I can see him having a mind of his own, especially in the field. I recently introduced him to feathers (pheasant wings), where he went nuts for them. Didn't want to give them up, despite having a really, really good fetch/release with other toys!

I posted this when my pup was 11 weeks old. He's now almost 4 months. While I selected a bloodline for hunting, this is most hard-headed Golden I've ever come across in my 50 years of training! I can see him having a mind of his own, especially in the field. I recently introduced him to feathers (pheasant wings), where he went nuts for them. Didn't want to give them up, despite having a really, really good fetch/release with other toys!
Not wanting to give up a bird or wing when a pup is introduced is what you want to see. That is not being hard-headed, that is a dog with strong prey drive. Dogtra Arc is a great e-collar and very inexpensive. Retail is under $250. That is less than 3 bags of dog food. As far as importance, I could not imagine ever owning and training a dog without one.

Back