I'm thinking that if the Dow goes down

landman

another 7000 points I'm going to sell one of my pheasant guns and buy a bunch of stock. For those who wished they would have purchased stock when it was cheaper (the good news is they) now can.

LM

Last edited:
The Dow slide should stop around 5,500. I follow some research companies that predicted the market to pull back to 7,200 in the fall of 2007 and they have been right on.

Landman, I just bought an extended warranty for my Dodge Durango. They put me in a Ford extended Warranty because right now it looks to be around the longest. Dodge and GM are very shaky. According to the Dodge Dealer that sold me the Warranty. But I too just do not like the way it is falling. It scares me to see our nation on perilous ground.---Bob

The general manager of our plant bought a bunch of GM stock a month or so ago. I think he would have been wise to wait just a little bit longer before he purchased it, as long as he doesn't panic, and sell now, I think it has to turn around eventually.:rolleyes: Until then, we are giving him a good old 'atta boy for buying early when he thought it was a great deal:p

Contrary to what you might think, right now is a good time to look at the finance industry. While most are risky, there are a few good buys right now. This sector has been hit hard, but if you do your research, there are some good buys right now. I cannot list them or recommend any to you, but do your research.

When the markets started to slide I immediately went into my 401K and started donating more money, sure it seems like a waste of time now but it'll be great when the market turns around. I hope that everyone can survive in these tough times.

Back