I'm looking for good specific spots/waypoints Brookings, SD.

It is fun to get out of the big stadiums, from time-to-time, and go watch smaller classification football. There are some really great teams to watch.

So in the other thread choosing between football and pheasants came up. Now I really like both, but of course chasing roosters is always my favorite. But I just hatched a plan to choose both! I drive to some honey hole within an hour of Brookings, start at the opening bell, and try to whack 3 roosters by 1pm. I pack up, speed to Brookings for the 2pm kickoff and get to watch the SDSU Jacks pummel the Bison. Now I just need you to send me some secret waypoints or maps that show any piece of public land lousy with roosters within 60 miles of the stadium. View attachment 8843
I have hunted western KS for over 20 years (all private land) and it is not the place it used to be. In looking at travel, I just grabbed a couple random places from Columbia, SC and you are only looking at about a 2hr difference in going to Hays, KS vs Brookings, SD. You might shave off a bit of time by going further south and west in SD, you just have to check. The walk-in areas in SD are far superior to those in KS from my experience.

I hatched my plan too late for this weekend. I'll have to try in the future. But my inbox is always open for secret hotspots😎😂.
OK, I've got to come clean. I was just goosin' around. And now it's a double goose, because I just quoted myself🥸.

I posted this thread following a comment on another one that I'd go hunting last Sunday because Vikes are on a bye. Groucho Marx called me out by saying he would never choose watching football over hunting. I agree.

Then I thought what if you could do both, made the original post, but it was more of a hypothetical. But hey, maybe someday I could pull it off. And now I know all about Shithouse Road, so that's a plus💩.

Lastly, I have never hit anyone up for secret spots here on UP or any other website. OK, now that I've got that off my chest I can go back to pheasant map study.

OK, I've got to come clean. I was just goosin' around. And now it's a double goose, because I just quoted myself🥸.

I posted this thread following a comment on another one that I'd go hunting last Sunday because Vikes are on a bye. Groucho Marx called me out by saying he would never choose watching football over hunting. I agree.

Then I thought what if you could do both, made the original post, but it was more of a hypothetical. But hey, maybe someday I could pull it off. And now I know all about Shithouse Road, so that's a plus💩.

Lastly, I have never hit anyone up for secret spots here on UP or any other website. OK, now that I've got that off my chest I can go back to pheasant map study.
I want to hunt where yhat Lucas medlock hunts!!

I thought you were gonna put river up against sage? Or maybe when Mr. Jones is off IR he can run against Nila. Either way I'm sure if you message Lucas Neidermeier he'd take you out on a Watertown golden hour pheasant hunt.
I'd like to do that.Sage is way more mobile than river.Mr. Jones is going to be a great bird dog.He broke a bone in his front tow a month ago or so. It wasn't painful, but the vet says no walks for a month! Jesus!!It's really hard leaving him in the vehicle. 😐😐

Back