Identify your dog...

JMc

Super Moderator
The post about the missing Red/White setter got me to thinking; so I wanted to share what I do with my dogs. All of my collars have my cell phone number. This includes my e-collars as well. My regular collars are embroidered; however, you can order brass name plates and add them to the e-collars either with rivets or Chicago screws. I realize I may be preaching to the choir; however, if you don't identify your dogs then you should or at least pass this along if you do. I do not put my dogs name on the collar as this allows a "thief" the opportunity to bond with your dog. Just my $0.02 but hopefully will help somebody find a lost dog.

Last edited:
The post about the missing Red/White setter got me to thinking; so I wanted to share what I do with my dogs. All of my collars have my cell phone number. This includes my e-collars as well. My regular collars are embroidered; however, you can order brass name plates and add them to the e-collars either with rivets or Chicago screws. I realize I may be preaching to the choir; however, if you don't identify your dogs then you should or at least pass this along if you do. I do not put my dogs name on the collar as this allows a "thief" the opportunity to bond with your dog. Just my $0.02 but hopefully will help somebody find a lost dog.

I get my brass name plate collars from Cabelas. I'm a big believer in chipping my dogs too. I also register all my dogs with AKC so there is documentation that I own them...

I do not put my dogs name on the collar as this allows a "thief" the opportunity to bond with your dog. Just my $0.02 but hopefully will help somebody find a lost dog.

Neither do I. I had my name plates engraved with "If found please call, needs meds" and then my Phone number(s). Microchipping of which I have not done, is just one more chance to recover if a shelter, vet or pound decides to scan for a chip.

Last edited:
Back