Ideas!

in the words of my 14 year old who doid it last year very carefully by the time he was off of them he was almost running after the birds just watch the ice

I think the word you are looking for is BLOCKING. Tell those two old farts you hunt with to get off there butts and push some birds your way.

In this case I would take M's advice or find some decent leagal roadsides to walk with a dog. In your situation if someone gave you a hard time for that, well they don't have much integrity. Good luck, I hope you can find some way to get out, and without hurting yourself further.
:cheers:

I think the word you are looking for is BLOCKING. Tell those two old farts you hunt with to get off there butts and push some birds your way.

hey i'm not an old fart:eek: i just walk that way. benelliboy.it will be too much work to carry you. have cootie cut a 50 foot open area in the corn strip he left, preferably in the middle. i'll push to you. you can sit on the tailgate of my truck or i will get a chair for you. 5 more weeks of crutches. look on the bright side you wont have to worry about falling out of a tree stand.

I need some ideas on how to hunt with crutches.

Block. Then get a blocker hat and then show everyone who's boss:

DSC04804.JPG

Yea George, I'll have to keep that in mind. I may need one of them someday........Bob

Bob, I have a friend in Minnesota that has Parkinson's and had to quit farming but he still lives on the farm. He bought a similar one to get around the farmyard. The regular motorized chairs just didn't work. I don't think he plans to use it for hunting but he sure could. Especially doing a little deer hunting around the farm.

Start saving up because there are around $8,000.

Blocking was about all I was allowed to do after having knee surgery on the Wendsday before opener in Ks, then having emergency surgery at noon opening day due to sticking bad leg in mud instead of crutch. My daddy told me one more dumba-- move and he would break my other knee. Yeah definately chose the blocking after that. Plus to blocking is you are closer to the refreshments, nothing like half a dozen cookies and a coke while the rest are pushing the birds to you.

George, At that price my wife would have just one word for me. "Quit". I think she would most likely win d---->..........Bob

Back