Ice out in Northern Minnesota

onpoint

Pics from today on a lake near our place.

iceout3-28-10blackface.jpg

iceout3-28-10blackface-2.jpg

Other lakes are close in tow. I would say all the ice will be out on the area lakes by mid week.

Early this morning I seen several nice flocks of ducks, several geese and 6 Bald Eagles sitting together on the edge of the ice. All that ice was gone by this afternoon.

Onpoint, is the ice-out on schedule or lasting a little longer than normal?:coolpics:

near a month early here.It's suppose to be around 70 Tuesday and Wednesday and high winds. I would say all the lakes will be open by the end of the week

Still ice on the lakes here. Small shallow lakes are opening now.
About 2-3 weeks early. Unbelievable March We've had.:10sign:
Some of the big lakes will open by the weekend, deep lakes a little longer.

WOW! Are ice lasted about a month longer than normal on the front range. 10 days ago they were still ice fishing a local lake which is usually open water in Feb. Crazy!! It is long gone down here now, but you can still hit the high country through April and some in May for last minute ice fishing. I do like Spring, but can't wait for Fall.

LOL, must be Norwegian..:10sign:

That is funny s%*#!!!!!!!!!! Looks like my sister-in law. I know it is hard to tell if it was a man or woman, that is why it looks like my sister-in law!!!!! Yes, we Norses sometimes do stupid stuff.LOL . Made my day!!!!:10sign::10sign::10sign::10sign::eek::eek::thumbsup:

I see how it is Ken. Just as I was mastering the multi-quote function on the old forum you have to go and add in-bedded video. I am sure you will be posting detailed instructions under the Tech Support forum on how you did that.

Back