I think they made it

I took my dogs for a run at a conservation area last week and saw three coveys of small birds. One covey of about 15 was still chirping when they got up but flew well. The other two coveys were so tiny they could barely fly. I had to physically pull two of my dogs off point and get em outta there!! Ive never left a place because there were too many birds. It was a great feeling. have been seeing quite a few on the roadsides as well. I drive alot of gravel.

Thanks for the report. Was this an area that got hit hard by rain? Be good news if it was.

My favorite area was hit hard many times. Overall, should be enough birds to keep hunting all year.

Weather forecasters say warm, dry winter. Hopefully get a trend going.

Warm to have the dogs out. GSPs?

This area was hit by rain everyday in June with the exception of 3 days. I have Vizslas. It was hot but they still like to get out. They just dont last very long.

I was up in N. Missouri llast week picking up the dog and heard 5 differeent bobs calling in the evening. I did not see any broods, but man the cover looks good and the local said they never got any gully washers just steady rain many days in a row. Time will tell.

This area was hit by rain everyday in June with the exception of 3 days. I have Vizslas. It was hot but they still like to get out. They just dont last very long.

We had similar conditions up here too. Your giving me some hope for our pheasant broods up this way.:)

Back