hunting with a go pro camera

wilson

1279_zps1b948213.jpg
[/IMG]
went out fri ,saw only one other hunter ,10 birds 3 being roasters.
Shot 2 bird and was so nice i thought id use my go pro 2 camera on my head.
If you have a close working dog their ok but for bigger dogs [40++++yd] you need more zoom.
this pic has everything ;dog pointing,bird in the air and the spent shell still in the air;you just can't see it with out zoom.

the bird is just above grass in the blue sky [center left] , dog is on point on the right side [just below blue sky] and the spent shell is floating in the air at my feet.
I'm better off with my hand held camera.
I also have the pic just before and just after [was set for every 1/2 sec ] but it shows land marks.

the dog is about 60yd out and the bird is 40-50 yards when i shot ;long shot but good !!!

Last edited:
Steve , i didn't know that ; i will try that on thur's hunt !

It was pretty easy to change, but I don't remember it well enough to tell you how to do it without the instrutions.

But when you narrow the field of view, you need to be more carefull about getting the camera pointed straight ahead and level to the ground. I have a couple of videos of the top of the trees and the top of my feet :rolleyes:

Great videos, my boys and i got a go pro for x-mas and was thinking about making a harness for the dog just not sure how bouncy it will be with her running around, i'll see what i can do at the very least i was going to wear it on my head like your videos show. thanks for sharing those.

Cool videos.

I saw a youtube video once from a camera attached to a lab while hunting. You couldn't see much at all because of the bouncing and because the cover obstructed the field of view at the dog's eye level. So I wouldn't bother with trying to attach a go pro to the dog.

Back