Hunting Vest Issues

JMc

Super Moderator
Bought a new Bird-N-Lite hunting vest for my KS trip and here's the pros and cons...
Pros: Vest is extremely adjustable for fit; Carries the weight of birds and water perfectly; pockets are accessible and easy entry
Cons: Can be difficult to get into; Cannot, repeat; Cannot get a bird in the damn thing by myself; the padded straps creat a problem when shouldering a gun; used it now can't send it back...look for it soon in the classifieds.

Any suggestions before a sell it? I am thinking of modifying the strap on the right side by cutting off the padded strap and adding a regular strap to it.

I bought a WingWorks strap vest before the season and so far I really like it. It doesn't have the heavy padded straps to interfere with mounting your gun, the game bag is fairly easy to get a bird into and it has two 1 liter water bottles. I bought it on the Pheasants Forever web site. Here's the link:
http://pfstore.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_14&products_id=1155

The only issue I have with the WingWorks vest is that you have to take it off before you get into your vehicle. The game bag and water bottles are in the way when seated in your vehicle. Not a big issue.

Back