Hunting tomorrow??

Hunter1971

Anyone hunting tomorrow? I'll be out in Yuma County tomorrow. If anyone else happens to be out that way and sees a blue 2012 Toyota fourrunner with a lone hunter and a Setter then stop by and we'll swap stories!! If not good luck to everyone chasing birds tomorrow!! :thumbsup:

Well, I hunted a couple of bigger fields Saturday morning and I saw plenty of birds, but nothing in range. I definitely need more hunters and dogs to cover these two fields. Birds were running circles around me and my Setter, Andy and then flushing out way to far out when we tried to pinch them on the edges. Tough morning, but I did see quite a few hens and roosters. Just didn't work out for us!

After freezing my tail end off that morning I decided to eat some lunch while driving to some honey holes I hunted in 2011-2012 season. Very discouraging, some of it was mowed and other ones I hunted and all that afternoon I only cut 2 tracks in the snow. Some of the areas I hunted looked like it should have birds all over it, they where there last year, but this year nothing! It was very depressing to see. 2 lousy tracks! :confused: Thank goodness I've been lucky enough to been shown and also found some new areas to hunt with Andy in the 2012-2013 season or we would be bird-less.

I was planning to head out midweek myself but unfortunately, I do have the cough, coughs-for the past week.
Good luck out there SDT.
Tom

I would like to get out with you, but work obligations are tying me down this week. But I plan on having two days of the cough before the season ends. Maybe we could hook up then? If not, Ill be out there every weekend until the season ends, so if you want to try something over a weekend let me know??

Wish I could...

Yuma county is a bit farther than I wanted to go. I'm in Denver Metro driving NorthEast for the day. Otherwise I would be glad to join you. I'm new to Colorado and haven't hunted the area at all.

Yuma county is a bit farther than I wanted to go. I'm in Denver Metro driving NorthEast for the day. Otherwise I would be glad to join you. I'm new to Colorado and haven't hunted the area at all.

yuma county is pretty much the west edge of good hunting in colorado

Anyone that is headin to yuma let me know, haven't hunted in awhile even though its only a 5 min drive for me

Hey Bill,
I was out there Sunday, but I didn't look you up because I figured you were watching the Denver game with the rest of the state. It sure was quiet out there. I'll be back out there Sunday trying to slow down a few roosters if it's possible??? :confused:

Your right I was wathchin the ass whoppin. Went out today and could have had a limit in an hour if I could shoot. let me know next time.

Back