Hunting Story

bobeyerite

This is going to be an endless story. I'll start it and every time you read it you add a few lines. You can change the subject, make a joke, whatever you like, just to keep it going. I want this to be a fun for everyone venture.

Start of Story

It is the opening day of Pheasant Season. I took my dogs and traveled 50 miles south to get an early start on the season. I uncased my gun, put on my shell/game vest and let the dogs out.

As we ventured into the cover I noticed the dogs getting tuned into the conditions. It was a wet dewey morning and scenting was good. I knew if there were any birds around the dogs would root them out.

My seasoned female starting getting hot on a scent........

as my seasoned brittany female slams on point my lab beats the brush infront of her and flushes a nice covey of quail to bad i forgot to put a shell in the chamber. ( dont laugh it happened to me at a field trial not funny it cost me 1st place )

After a hard days hunt with no game in the bag [plenty of chances]
I figured out I was in the wrong state. My license was for Iowa.:eek:

We approach a small dam that has a lot of cattails on the other side that usually holds lots of birds. With anticipation I take one side and my partner takes the other. We hand signal to each other and rush over the top hoping to catch some roosters on the other side. As I reach the top I stumble on a rock and began tumbling down the opposite bank, my gun goes flying in the air. At that precise moment several roosters flush, one colliding with my gun in midair causing it to go off. In disbelief I see a rooster in the distance fold from the blast. Reaching up from my prone position, I grab my gun as it is coming down and as soon as it hits my hands it goes off again. The blast causes me to roll to my right and when I do I see two roosters hitting the ground a short distance away, a double with one shot! I pick myself up, collect the limit of birds, and meet my partner on the other side of the slough. I ask "did you see that?" and he responds "see what?".

Last edited:
My GSP pup slams to a screeching halt on a rock solid point. I go in for the flush and His eyes are rock solid on something about 6 feet in front of him. I start kicking the weeds. Low and behold I kick out a nest of Field Mice. The pup then goes hunting hard through the field when:

Last edited:
after about another hour of hunting i decide to go back to the truck for a lunch break of summer sausage ,cheese and ritz crackers while sitting on the tailgate looking at the fields and dreaming of roosters flushing in such numbers it would block out the sun , when all of the sudden roosters start running across the road about 20yards from me so as not to disturb my lunch i turn out my 2 wirehairs to pursue them, after a couple of minutes they both come back with a rooster each , i collect them and send them back down the road and once again they come back with 2 birds, once again send them back , as i'm waiting a game warden comes by and says looks like your over the limit and i say no sir haven't shot a bird today my dogs are there in that field bringing them to me, with disbelief on his face 2 wire hairs bust out the grass with a bird each again , so he turns to me and says......

"You have the right to remain silent, you have the right to have an attorney present, blah, blah blah.:eek::eek:

But "Your Honor, That is a pretty heavy fine for something my dogs did. Judge: you are guilty of 3 things. Not having control of your dogs, 2 Poor Training for wirehairs are suppose to hold their points. 3. Poor handling and precaution in the field.

At that time the wife releases the wirehairs and they come in causing panic and chaos in the courtroom and bite the judge and officers (now the truth comes out that these are highly trained wirehairs). BTW, your honor, we don't need to stinking precautions! The wife runs in with a Browning SXS and sprays led in the overhead. I escape with my dogs and my wife. We're in the field hunting the next morning but stopped to take a break for lunch. I saw a picture of my dogs and I on America's most wanted and thought...

Last edited:
Too dark maybe...let me lighten it back up

.....now that I'm going to be a criminal, there's a chance I'll be considered for a job in Washington. Knowing that you gotta make some connections there to make it anywhere, I invited President Obama for a W KS combination pheasant and quail hunt. He arrived before dawn on a snowy, windy morning in his F-150 4X4 limosine......

Half way through the field 3 roosters come barreling out from underneath my foot and flew to my left right over the head of the President. I shot 3 times unloading my Remington folding the first 2 and missing the third bird. Unfortunantly for President Obama I pulled a Dick Cheney and needless to say, he is now the Late President Obama. I gather my 2 birds and make my way to the next field.

I was so excited because I finally broke down and got a decent pup with papers, now I won't have to hunt by myself anymore. I hope that pup is a good bird dog. After all, I spent the whole summer training her. Shucks, I just noticed something. Are Yorki's any good for pheasant hunting? She seems a little small...

Well , as luck would have it, a pair of roosters dove into a small hole and the yorki followed. I saw another hole 20 yards away and figured they were adjoining holes. So I pulled a Captain coot and threw a few pipe bombs and propane down the holes and set her off. Now the roosters and yorki are part of the landscape.....

I spent alot of time sleeping on the couch after blowing up my wifes yorkie and the next day went to the pound and found a beutifull brittany who looked like he knew what to do ( yep he did ) all over the floorboard he apparently doesnt like vehicle rides

after staying on the couch, came a nock on the door. seriff joe and his buddies, want to know, what happened to the york? wife is piss off, and states, " this dick blew him up, for a rooter to bet. he sleeps on the cough and snores like a whore."

Back