Hunting silently and way out of gun range

If a wild turkey can see color you have to believe a pheasant can as well but how does a bird in any kind of thick ground cover see if you have orange on or not?
That was my exact thought to the post you referred to....not the seeing color part. These bird hear and feel you coming way before you get anywhere near then. They sure don't "see" you in Iowa cover. It makes me laugh seeing fellas dressed head-to-toe in camo to pheasant hunt. Their defense (survival) skills are mostly fly-run-hide. Just because you get close to them, sure doesn't mean they didn't know you were in the field until they flew or because they didn't run.

That was my exact thought to the post you referred to....not the seeing color part. These bird hear and feel you coming way before you get anywhere near then. They sure don't "see" you in Iowa cover. It makes me laugh seeing fellas dressed head-to-toe in camo to pheasant hunt. Their defense (survival) skills are mostly fly-run-hide. Just because you get close to them, sure doesn't mean they didn't know you were in the field until they flew or because they didn't run.
I wear camo because I don't want people seeing me.Orange is bush league.

I shot two turkeys before that were taking a nap, then I startled them and they woke up, and shot was taken. I agree with you remy on 90% of birds. But there's prolly a few each year a quiet hunter can slip in on and they don't know you're there till it's too late.

I shot two turkeys before that were taking a nap, then I startled them and they woke up, and shot was taken. I agree with you remy on 90% of birds. But there's prolly a few each year a quiet hunter can slip in on and they don't know you're there till it's too late.
You did not kill thar bird with honor. Calling yhem in, or flushing them.

Back