Hunting report 12/10/11

springerjohn

Hunted scratch birds at Central Penn. Sat. The last 5 minutes of the hunt the dogs flushed 3 separate pairs of quail and 1 covey of about 7-8 birds. Too bad for me they all flushed out towards the clubhouse or the off limits area of the sporting clay course. Ill have to hunt that cover from the opposite direction next week as it always hold good numbers of quail.

Ok John, you got me going! I've got to get Dugan back to work,he's been upset every time he see's me leave to go deer hunting! Sounds like you got a great hunting spot there! Can't wait to hit the fields!:thumbsup:

Sounds like a good time at Central Penn. During the youth hunt we found a single quail in one field and a covey of about 12-15 birds along a tree line. Do they release quail on a regular basis there? Just curious how they do it out there.

I have a few hunts planned over the next few weeks. I'll be taking one of the hunters from last year's vet hunt out to Mason Dixon on the 17th. He wanted to take his wife along to hunt some chukars. They didn't have to say much to get me to go along. Then I'll be driving out to Onpoint Outfitters for a two day hunt on one the their farms. Then after I get back a few friends and I will do our annual hunt at Mason Dixon. We all have off from work between Christmas and New Year's and we go out to chase a mixed bag.

I feel too guilty leaving my dogs to go hunt anything without them. Im off the week between christmas and new years and plan on hunting them somewhere as much as I can. Brian they have habitat that will support birds thru to spring, with pheasant and quail chicks being seen in the summer. Pretty sure they do release quail in the summer for members to train dogs.

Anybody that buys a bird membership can hunt scratch birds. I just call when I want to hunt and if there,s a field available you can shoot anything you find, no limits.

Back