Hunting Land

mcharlto88

If any of you have read any of the other posts I've written on this site, you'll find out very quickly that I'm brand new to pheasant hunting with the exception of a couple hunts with my uncle years ago. Tonight I went out driving around looking for some public land to hunt this fall and this is what I found. I'm wondering if anybody can tell me if it looks like good pheasant hunting land? All the pictures are from the same land, just different areas of it.

Just to give an idea of what's around this area. There is a lake, I noticed there was an area with cat tails, and across the road is a corn field. While I was driving out of the area I noticed what I thought was a hen that ran towards the field. When I got up to where I thought I saw her, a rooster flew out. As I was trying to get my phone out to take a picture a second one flew out also. With that, I'm assuming that I'm on the right track with where I'm looking, but wanted to get some reassurance that I'm looking at the right type of land.

Food + Cover + Water = Pheasants

This is the universal formula. Yes, you have found some very good looking ground.

Frank

I do assume that you will be sharing with the rest of us where this is seeing how you have been asking us to share info?:coolpics:

Back