Hunting in Wyoming

I saw a article in 2005 outdoor life that had NR are responsible for 80% of the revenue and 20% of the animals taken!!!! Sounds like a win , win to me!!!! OH wait, except for the over crowding!! We NR's are not good as far as success goes!!!!! But we thank you for a great time!!!:cheers:

Finally a chance to sit down!
I skinned about 400 Whitetails in the past 2 weeks. Plus I have been hunting myself most of November. Now that Gun deer season is over I get to check out the site again. And give you guys an update...

I have had a little change in plans over the past month and a half. Sitting in the duck blind early in November and not seeing much I started talking to my brother and his buddy about going out there with me. Aaron my brother said he would rather go for Elk in Colorado. I explained that I already had a little lead on pronghorn. He told me about a guy who works for him and used to own and operate a guide service in Colorado. A few nights later I was sitting at a kitchen table going over maps and talking about where to go what to bring who to call and how to do it all. Wayne was very nice about sharing information he said I should also call his buddy Larry who guides in the area he is sending us.

To sum up I'm going Elk hunting in Colorado now. Made the change for two reasons First I am currently way farther along in the planning process than I was with going pronghorn hunting. Secondly I have 2 more people that want to go with, My brother Aaron and my best friend Don. my only fear now is that everybody is going to want to come.

will keep you guys updated thanks again,
Scott Niemuth

Unite 25 Archery sometime around the middle of September.

Should be a fun trip!!!! Are you going to Camp or base out of a Motel? The Elk seem to bugle in every unit at different times. I am sure pressure has a lot to do with that! Hope it is successful for you!:cheers:

Finally a chance to sit down!
I skinned about 400 Whitetails in the past 2 weeks. Plus I have been hunting myself most of November. Now that Gun deer season is over I get to check out the site again. And give you guys an update...

I have had a little change in plans over the past month and a half. Sitting in the duck blind early in November and not seeing much I started talking to my brother and his buddy about going out there with me. Aaron my brother said he would rather go for Elk in Colorado. I explained that I already had a little lead on pronghorn. He told me about a guy who works for him and used to own and operate a guide service in Colorado. A few nights later I was sitting at a kitchen table going over maps and talking about where to go what to bring who to call and how to do it all. Wayne was very nice about sharing information he said I should also call his buddy Larry who guides in the area he is sending us.

To sum up I'm going Elk hunting in Colorado now. Made the change for two reasons First I am currently way farther along in the planning process than I was with going pronghorn hunting. Secondly I have 2 more people that want to go with, My brother Aaron and my best friend Don. my only fear now is that everybody is going to want to come.

will keep you guys updated thanks again,
Scott Niemuth

Scott ,

Sounds like you made a good change in plans. Elk are Imho far better table fare. I wish you the best on our Colorado Elk hunt.:thumbsup:

Back