Hunting in europe

springerspaniel

Does any country do field hunts like we do in the us I want to go chase roosters in differnt countrys but I'm more into watching the dog work and scenery.

In England, they do pheasant drives with released cocks.Its done in tree rows,and you get posted in a spot.You wear tweed hunting attire. They have these commoners that beat the brush,flushing birds.When the day is done,there is a huge feast,with wenches serving brew.Very expensive.

In England, they do pheasant drives with released cocks.Its done in tree rows,and you get posted in a spot.You wear tweed hunting attire. They have these commoners that beat the brush,flushing birds.When the day is done,there is a huge feast,with wenches serving brew.Very expensive.
Goose what year you living in? Haha

Actually I was at a popular preserve near me this year ( yes I know thumbs down on game farms) and they had something going on that was similar. Don’t remember what they called it ( a European or continental maybe?) where tons of guys post and they release lots of birds from the middle of the field and you just pass shoot them. Big dinner after. Also I think I saw it on a upland show as well, don’t recall the name

Try a search like "rough hunting in europe"or the name of a country

Last edited:
Argentina has incredible upland hunting.

Actually I was at a popular preserve near me this year ( yes I know thumbs down on game farms) and they had something going on that was similar. Don’t remember what they called it ( a European or continental maybe?) where tons of guys post and they release lots of birds from the middle of the field and you just pass shoot them. Big dinner after. Also I think I saw it on a upland show as well, don’t recall the name
I’ve seen similar setup. But the one I saw was a really tall tower in which they released birds with shooters in a circle around the tower. Those guys called it a “tower shoot” don’t know if that the correct name or just what that group called it.

Back