Hunting Boots

BPATT11

I am in the market for new hunting boots. The last pair I had were just okay and cost around $150. I used them every time I went out for 2 season. One thing I didn't like is that they weren't waterproof enough. Insulation was okay on them, being in the upland and working my toes were never the worry. Although, I do use those boots for deer hunting and my toes were frozen. I am looking for strictly a sturdy upland boot that you guys trust and have used.

BPATT11
My post may have come across the wrong way.
Who wants to look through 5 pages.
My vote --- Danner sharptails.

It took me 30 years to do this. I have 2 pair, Gumleaf for wet conditions and Irish Setter for dry. I will never go back to not having 2 pair. https://www.gumleafusa.com/
Gumleaf are expensive however the fit and weight are awesome. I have wore them heavy for 3 seasons showing no wear. I alwaya wear them on dewey mornings, rain or snow.

I've got the two most common brands, irish setter wingshooters and danner pronghorns and switch off between the 2. The Irish Setters I like a bit more, the waterproofing is better. I never buy insulated boots for pheasant hunting.

If you search this site you will find plenty of thread that discuss boots. Everyone has their favorites and there is not one boot that will properly fit everyone. It's more of a personal preference and which boots fit you the best and have the sole, insulation, etc. that you want. I will add that there is no leather boot that is 100% waterproof. If you don't want wet feet in wet conditions you need to get a good pair of rubber boots. It's tough to find one boot that will work for all conditions and temps. You may need 2-3 different pairs to fit each application. Good luck.

My dad and I were both huge Danner fans for a long time. However, they just don't hold up like they used to anymore and both of us had issues. After trying other brands (irish setters, etc.) we both settled on Crispi as our hands down favorite hunting boot. After over 50 hunting days last year through all sorts of different cover, mine still look brand new. The year before, I hunted less and my Irish Setters looked like 20 year old boots and and were leaking and tearing apart.

The extra money is well worth it, IMO.

I also keep a pair of Muck Wetland boots on me for the days we are stomping through cattails.

My dad and I were both huge Danner fans for a long time. However, they just don't hold up like they used to anymore and both of us had issues. After trying other brands (irish setters, etc.) we both settled on Crispi as our hands down favorite hunting boot. After over 50 hunting days last year through all sorts of different cover, mine still look brand new. The year before, I hunted less and my Irish Setters looked like 20 year old boots and and were leaking and tearing apart.

The extra money is well worth it, IMO.

I also keep a pair of Muck Wetland boots on me for the days we are stomping through cattails.
Can I ask what crispis your running. Was looking at the black and orange. I think there are GTX?

Can I ask what crispis your running. Was looking at the black and orange. I think there are GTX?

I like Danners. Use a boot dryer after each use and you will enjoy your boots for years. Those who have trouble with boots wearing out probably are not using a boot dryer.

Just got done oiling my Cabela's Mendl Perfekts. With leaks, they may be good as back-up's this year. I'm contemplating ordering a pare of White's, or another brand that are an uninsulated, leather boot. They may cost as much as the Cripsi, but, I'm through with the waterproof/beathable marketing scam.

I am for sure a fan of the Danner hunting boots. My first pair lasted almost 15 years and I still use them as my back up pair. I bought a new pair back in the beginning of the hunting in 2019 and yes they are light weight and very comfortable to walk in all day long but they won't last as long as the first pair I had. The overall quality just isn't the same they were back in the early 2000's.

I'm the odd man out here. I switched to Keen's a couple years ago. I had a pair of all leather Cabela's that lasted forever and were super comfortable all day long. Keen's fit my feet REALLY well and the waterproofing is superb! I have a light weight (almost tactical) style boot for early season, warm weather. And I have a pair of heavier duty, taller ones for late season hunting. But like some others say, I have a pair of muck boots for busting cattails. Can walk about half a day in the muck boots before they start to bother me. Public land hunter, so I walk A LOT of miles for my birds.

Back